Retro anime style with greasepencil and 3D cell shaded objets

Hi ! I haven’t posted for i while, i was too busy playing with the new blender 2.8 and mostly greasepencil, so for the old 80s anime lovers, her is my latest animation ! Everything is rendered in blender with EEVEE. The 3d parts are made with custom cell shaders i made with nodes, with some tutorials about gradient ramp. I used the compositor to add the glare effects and grain, and also the titles and signature overlay. I hope you like it ! I also composed and produced the music, but that’s another story XD

43 Likes

Great work, Dedouze! I really like it. These new retrowave artpieces like yours are warm the heart. And you definitely have your style!

1 Like

Love it I really like the shader

1 Like

Great work! great vibe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this :star_struck:

1 Like

This forum seems dead … only 13 likes :confused: this is awesome and deserves much more IMO
Amazing work dude !!! Would love to see how you made it - some breakdown would be cool
KEEP ROCKING!!!

1 Like

thank you so much !! you have a good taste ! i love retrowave style also :slight_smile: have a good day

thank you ! it’s a lot of fun to play with the nodes in EEVEE mode :slight_smile:

Thank you !

Thank you so much !

Thanks for your support ! i am not very active myself on this forum, but i’ll try more now. And yeah, i will put the breakdown here in a few weeks !

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Nice ^^ looking forward

1 Like

I’d love to see a breakdown, if that would be OK. I’m curious as to what’s grease pencil and what’s geometry.

1 Like

Man, you are a genius. You need to produce a tv show or shortfilm with this concept and look. And I will help you if you ever decide to do it!

1 Like

i will post some breakdowns and tutorials in january :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you ! i am writing the story actually XD

1 Like

Everything is awesome. Great work. Love the style, the colors, the animation, the music. If only Japan would do anime like this. I hate most modern styles. This is just gorgeous.

1 Like

thank you !! i am really honoured ! i also prefer japanese animation !