Retro anime style with greasepencil and 3D cell shaded objets

By all means keep us informed of your progress.

1 Like

This is great stuff, congrats

1 Like

Again, love everything about it. Really like how you give depth to both arms in 3d space. Congrats again! You are a vanguardist of Grease Pencil.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

You are a true artist ! really like the 80’s mood choice.

1 Like

This is really good! Love the colours, mood and music, it all matches up really well. Great combination of grease pencil and cell shading!
Just as a side note, and I only bring it up cos I think it’s interesting that ppl do this all the time unconsciously, if you steer a bike (or any other vehicle) by say 45 degrees to the left, to avoid an obstacle or overtake, then want to carry on the same straight line, you have to immediately steer exactly 45 degrees to the right. So whilst one might think that viewed from the top your character’s bike is tracing a trajectory like this one:
straight
in reality it’s doing something more like this:
bend
Not that it matters for your piece, just couldn’t but help point it out :smiley:
Definitely keep us posted about any more work in that style!

1 Like

Ah, thanks for this analysis ! thats a good dedication to realism ! I will take this in consideration for my vehicle animations :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great. I started with your tutorial on the juice box.
The bicycle in this animation is 3D or its grase pencil sketch? I am sorry I am still not totally understanding if things are taken of the 3D part of blender or if its sketched on grease pencil

1 Like

ah, here the bike is in 3D but it has greasepencil objects stuck on some parts, like the animation inside the wheels or on the basket in the front

Do you have more tutorials on this type of animation? Even paid, it is fine.