Retro hi-fi system

Feedback needed :wink:

thread thumbnail:

Hello, for about a week I’ve been working on this thing:

From what I was able to establish from little information I’ve found, it was designed by the famous Hartmut Esslinger.
I’ve already modeled key components I wanted (amplifier, cassette deck, turntable) but they still need some tweaks and details.
My main goal here is to make this as photo-realistic(-ish) as I can - and more on that below…

4 Likes

The speakers are Canton GL 260

1 Like

Turntable still needs some things to be added

And what I’m currently struggling with is making look everything look believable. Also I’m pondering about the final setting for the whole thing. Should I stop on simple studio renders or try to prepare some suiting interior for example. :thinking:
Any feedback is very welcome!! :worried:

The model is great, very accomplished :slight_smile:
If you want it to look real, put it in an environment, add good lighting contrast, dust particles, some subtle wear in concrete parts …
Especially a good natural environment lighting.

1 Like

Alright, a little update. I didn’t have much time lately, but now models are finished and I’m going to start working on final renders.

I decided to finish it off. Added some scratches and dust. Although I’m not completely satisfied how it turned out I’m done with it. :grinning: @Coptroner

So cool man…!!
Can I ask you something.?
How you made those subwoofer circle edges smooth inside those speaker…?

Koff, koff … Did somebody say, “retro?” :smiley:

Bah … “these kids today” …

Of course these are very well-done models.

Thank you, the circles are just separate meshes, not connected to the chassis.

Ha, ha :grin:. Well it’s from 1978, so I think it’s fair to use that, oh so popular, word :wink:

In some of those images the black knobs did look super imposed, flat and odd, it has to be all down to the shadows or the lack of, i wonder if AO nodes would make a big difference?