Reverse explode with trails

I’d like to have an object assemble by reversing an explode. Easy enough using the VSE but I’d like to have smoke trails on the particles as they assemble.

Is this possible ?

Thanks for any help.

Wouldn’t it be possible to simply explode something and simulate the smoke trails, and then play it all backwards in a program outside blender such as After Effects.

I assume that you want the fragments to interact with the smoke - that seems the tough part. So may I suggest running the explosion via game engine render to ipos for each object. Now reverse the ipos and then run the smoke sim/ fluid sim with them as obstacles.

I thought about it some more, and if that doesn’t work, i would also try setting a large domain, and having each fragment pre-broken and as a different object and have each one as a inflow for the smoke. I don’t know how cpu intensive that would be, but it’s worth a shot.

walshlg’s idea sounds possible. I’ll give it a try.
fish_fly3r, I want the explode in reverse but the smoke trails in the correct direction, eg for a fragment that explodes out, I want that fragment to move in, with the smoke trail out from the frament (ie not towards it).

ooo, got it. Sorry i misunderstood.

Walshlg,
I tried your idea but it’s a single object with an explode modifier, not multiple objects. Applying doesn’t seem to help either.