REVERSION - new 11-minute Blender animated film (coming soon!)

This looks fantastic. Wish you all the best for the rest of development on it. The images you posted look truly amazing. A lot of work gone into them alone. It’s also awesome that Some of the forum members are part of the development team. Like assassins among the crowd.

You look like you’s got this nicely under control.

Can’t WAIT for the trailer! PLEASE have animation that matches the quality of the images… or I will write you an angry letter! :slight_smile:

Love it , love the fact ethercorp enterance and big o dna model . looking forward to see it all . I do build some SCIFI moedls , amateur modest ones :slight_smile: I would love to be a part , if it only takes couple of pixels for a fraction of time . You can check out my models in turbosquid.com any likes , I would get it ready for the cause for no charge ofcourse :slight_smile:

I also hope the animation/movement quality is pretty good.

all of it reminds me a lot of Shinra Corporation/SOLDIER, just an observation.

if you end up needing another animator for cleaning up stuff let me know, (although as I understand this film is almost complete.)

good luck

Looks good! can’t wait :smiley:

I cant resist but post. :3
This is very exciting indeed. xD

Hey… that’s a very good observation.

I wasn’t sure what the precedent was for “Privatized Fictional Security” in fictional companies since I was never that big on Final Fantasy after VII.

Speaking of Privatized Fictional Security. We also plan to do a series of features on Privatized Fictional WEAPONRY. We are starting it off with our “Custom Sniper Rifle”.

Just hop over on the blog to see it.

Cheers!

P.S.: To all the talented people who wanted to join in. I am very very thankful for the interest you guys have shown for REVERSION. It is the greatest statement when you say you want to be part of this thing.

Unfortunately we are unable to really add in more people at this point of the process. Still, I am very happy to see the support you guys are giving.

Aha, one of the “assassins in the crowd”. Ladies and Gentlemen, this kid from Baguio City, is our Chief Animator.

We will do a feature on our unique “Performance Capture”-ish method of animation when the trailer comes out.

this stuff is damn good.

Hello again to all my friends here,

We took some time off from the blog to sort a few things. We’re just some two weeks away from Trailer Day.

In the meantime, we have another update, this time with regards to our sidearm prop.
Pistols are a special area of interest of mine, especially with the way they appear in movies:

http://i40.tinypic.com/211jgut.png

So check it out over on the blog!

Again, we have an open floor for questions via email or pm for anyone out there wondering about this type of project.

Cheers!

actually it reminds me of the new resident evil cgi films, good stuff. Looking forward to its release!

hey just curius if the team have sound design and music guys if not http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL43EC243BD4E6FB24&feature=view_all

How could I have missed this thread? It looks amazing!

It is even more impressive considering it is all Blender, will you have some making-of’s or featurette’s to show later when the movie has been released? :smiley:

OUtstanding character meshes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all your positive feedback.

@Keen: When we were studying back in 2010 what a “feasible output” for non-pros would look like, we did look at OLDER video game trailers (Digic/Blur earlier work and not the most recent - Stuff like the “Hellgate: London” trailer). And we also tried looking at the Resident Evil CG film “Degeneration”. There were things about that film that I liked, and quite a bit I didn’t like. (like Scowling Leon, but I digress) But yes, definitely we kind of looked at those and sort of pegged a benchmark we could aim at realistically, rather than burn ourselves out chasing AVATAR level effects. We also looked at a lot of Xbox360 games to see how some FX could be implemented in ways that weren’t so resource extensive.

@leifdk: Thanks for the offer. It is very very humbling. In reality, the Sound Engineer and Song writer were onboard immediately after the VFX supervisors/Senior artists had seen the script. I think some people will be surprised to see the names we have in the Sound and Audio category. When the trailer comes out, try pausing the trailer at the end (Production Names list) and see if you recognize them. But again, I will definitely keep you on record. Thanks again.

@NinthJake: Again, thanks. Each of the updates on the blog, if you click on “Read More” or the Post Title, it opens up to DIRECTOR’S COMMENTARY where we talk about many of the elements that would have gone into a “Making-Of”. I am not sure we can create a documentary because the amount of rummaging we’d have to do today to piece together the entire progress would be very extensive. You have to understand that when REVERSION started it was a case of: “Can we really do this?” So we weren’t exactly recording everything thinking we had all the answers (to wit, in the beginning we had a LOT of questions). What I had 2 years ago was “theoretical answers”. I had taken notes from the production of Jurassic Park (which to me was the best Production layout ever made)… a few white papers from Pixar’s early days (which focused on Project Management)… But even then we didn’t know if it would work. So many short films fail, and REVERSION is actually pretty FX heavy, from halogen lights, to explosions, shattering glass… things that would normally require hundreds of PC’s to render (if done to a maxed out level). The movie blog isn’t just to promote the film, or promote the team, but also to sort of try to document and give back as much as we can to the Community about our experience, because in more than a few ways, it DID work in that we were able to assemble the movie more or less as we intended within a finite and controlled schedule. This is why we are putting DIRECTOR’S COMMENTARY within each update.

However, there are also many many things we experimented with and learned for Modeling, FX, Animation, Scene planning, etc. For example: What detail should be modeled in, and which ones can be normal maps or displacement maps? If you have any questions though you can reach me via pm, or email me at [email protected] or fire an email to [email protected] .

@FXR: Many many thanks for your comment. :slight_smile:

Oops, completely missed that, thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, I’m just putting out the word that we’ll be releasing the trailer for REVERSION tomorrow, together with the release date, so stay tuned!

Wow, can’t believe I see this thread for the first time. This is some professional grade CG. I honestly can’t wait for the trailer to arrive!

Just watched the trailer and it looks pretty sweet. I can’t believe that I have to wait until August to see the whole thing!!! :frowning:

Oh that looks so good! I had to watch it twice. Very well done!