I’ve felt like doing some character modelling lately, and I started revisiting some old projects.
That was my entry for the Living Mechanics contest.
In retrospective, I’m really not happy with the modelling (the proportions mostly) and the general lack of details. The rigging could be done a lot better too, thanks to new constraints and some technique I developped in other projects.
I’ll probably end up starting back from scratch, with sketches this time and thingies like that.
PS: I do know that the claws aren’t touching the ground. Everytime I rendered and tweaked the settings, I get saying to myself that I needed to fix it, and… well… I didn’t
I remember this one! I finally can use my model from that challenge- partially due to me optimizing the vert count and partially due to new blender.
I like the new sheen this model has. Things that stick out to me when I see it: It seems topheavy, in a weird legless-man kinda way. Legs need to be bigger and beefier, lower body correspondingly so. the end of the leg where the tube/sping kinda thing is doesn’t ‘work’ for me- it’s mechanically unconvincing.
Upper body also looks very rigid in this pose- give it/rig it some curl.
I’d like to see where you take it- I too am going to revist my entry- For one thing, I’m planning on remodelling some parts of it.