Rice bowl

Is this my first take at food? I think so.
It’s really a simple scene. What I wanted was to try and make rice. I’m not gonna say I failed, but I’m also not gonna say I succeeded as it looks kinda weird to me.

See more about this project at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EzGGW2

86 Likes

supper amazing !

2 Likes

Fully agree with alf0 - its looks just great.
Good job

1 Like

Scene looks great. Rice itself is maybe too fluffy (In reality, the starch would cause the rice grains to stick together more). I guess this is what you described as “weird” perception.

2 Likes

Looks fantastic! There is something that strikes me a little off about the shape of the grains. I think I would expect them to taper a bit towards the ends. But it looks very realistic anyway.

4 Likes

Definitely cooked with this one! The SFX takes this to another level

1 Like

Definitely cooked with this one!

Hah! :grin:

everything is really good, the bowl model and texture, the lighting, and other stuff.
and also the rice is really good you reaching it at a good level of detail,
but for the better simulating of the rice if you take a look at the real rice, some of those tips are a little pushed like it squished, but in here all the rice have same size for there tips
just if you fixin that and try to make some of those a little smaller like a deformed sphere
it really reach to another level i think.
anyway really good job.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also feel like they should be a bit “pointier” or more defined. The photorealism is incredible regardless, and with a small tweak, it’d be virtually indistinguishable from reality.

2 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Amazing! Rice is the best!

1 Like

In what way does this look weird? If I wasn’t told I would think this was real. Funniest thing is that I just ate rice in that exact same bowl :exploding_head:. But really, This is Wonderful work.

1 Like

You can always wind up being your own worst critic. This stuff looks very believably like rice. You might then sit there staring at it, and finding yet another thing “wrong” with it, but your audience is never going to do the same. They’re going to start thinking about lunch or supper!

There’s always that “FISI = &-it, ship it” moment. When the right thing to do is to put shrink-wrap on the thing and stuff it in the mailbox.

1 Like