Rig changes in edit mode do not transfer to object/pose mode

For a project I’m working on, I need two nearly identical rigs on top of one another. (It has to do with being able to animate well and yet have the animaitons uploadable in a recognizable format). Even though I’ve edited the rigs to be on top of eachother,
, when I tab into Object mode or pose mode, one of the rigs snaps to the position it was in before I edited it.
. I’m rather befuddled. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this before, but I can’t remember how I fixed it. Any ideas? Thank you much!

It may be that you were playing around in Pose Mode and forgot to reset:

In Pose Mode, select all the bones and Alt-G, Alt-S, Alt-R.

If that’s not it, I’m sure someone else will shed light on what’s going on. But that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

I don’t understand why you need two rigs, but two rigs effecting the same parts of a mesh could easily cause problems Did you create two separate rigs, or make of duplicate of your first rig? Blender will only allow manipulation of one object at a time, so if you’re working with one rig, the second will remain unchanged. If both rig-copies are the same object, I’d think you could manipulate both copies at the same time, but again I don’t know why you’d need to. Or maybe I don’t understand the question fully.

My question is more this: Why don’t the changes I make in edit mode translate into object mode or pose mode?