Rigged Realistic Crawfish - Eevee

Made over the course of a couple months. Planning to put this into a scene with a fish and some other cool stuff… stay tuned!

While I was making this I learned Marmoset, Substance Painter, xNormals, baking, rigging, and animation; I’d say it was all well worth it and I’m excited to get to create more using my new abilities.

Admittedly, it’s very far from perfect and the geometry is something special :sweat_smile: but I’m happy with the outcome.

4k textures created with Substance Painter
Rendered with Eevee
3,759 Vertices
6,840 Tris

26 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

awesome work mate!

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

Holy cow this is cool! Lovely work! Could you post a wire-frame without the UV-mapping so the geometry is easier to see? There is SO MUCH I could learn from this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s some goooood eatin’!

1 Like

Helllll yeah it is! Haha!

Geometry isn’t much to look at honestly it’s pretty rough. I’ll message you directly though. Thanks!!

1 Like

Amazingly realistic well done!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool and I love the rigging that was done for it!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thanks a ton! It’s not perfect rigging but it gets the job done.

1 Like

WOW! That’s been a goal of mine for the 6 years that I’ve been working with Blender! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Nice textures.
Are your normals flipped on your front pincers and other areas of the model because some parts are darker than others for no logical reason?
If it’s not the geo then maybe something wierd is going on with the normal maps?

Ah you caught it! Haha I was wondering if anyone was going to catch those problems.

The normals are good, it’s a problem with either the normal map or bump map and wasn’t noticeable at all in substance painter. Live and learn.

I watched an owl catch a crawfish a couple days ago. It sat on a log and ripped off both of the claws, dropping them in the same river the crawfish used to live in, then the owl flew away.

1 Like

Really nice job! Could mistake it for being real. :+1::octopus:

1 Like

That is… badass! Haha!