Rigging Automatic Weights Problem (HELP)

Hey everyone. I’m kind of a rookie when it comes to blender, so i hope someone could help me out. I modeled my own character and i wanted to rig it, so i used a basic human rig and everyhing was going great untill i applied “with automatic weights”. The skeleton remains separate from the model, even in pose mode. I don’t know what’s wrong. I’ll add a link of my blend file if anyone wants to take a look at it, i’ll really appreciate it.
https://pasteall.org/blend/4c96eccec7c04c29a40cfb4d9c1be070

You need apply your transforms on both your mesh and armature before you attempt to rig it. Otherwise you are doomed to failure.

You mean that i should hit “apply” on the moddifiers? 'cause i think i already did that. Or is it something else? (sorry for taking so much time to replay btw)

Your transforms not your modifiers. Control A and then apply all transforms. These are your location, rotation and scale. They should read for location zero, for rotation zero and one for scale prior to trying to rig.

The problem persists!! :sleepy: and is weird because i rigged a basic human mesh succesfully, so there must be something wrong with my model. I guess i will have to do it all over again. Thanks for the help anyways.

quit getting discouraged. I noticed mesh is way too dense for any animation. With this simple a figure you should shoot for around 10,000 or less faces give or take a couple of thousand. You have over 140,000. That is ok for a static model but you won’t be able to move it even it you rig it unless you have something like a Watson to play with. So I would retopology it to something reasonable. I would also rig and model from the front so you don’t get confused instead of the back. So turn around your objects and then get your transforms applied. If you don’t know what retopology is this would be a simple one to do. When you get to your armature you will also find that it is not centered as well. You can fix that and be good. Here this will get you going on retopology. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuQzPDs99yM

Here’s a quick remesh I did for you to save you a little time.
torito2 (1).blend (4.4 MB)