rigging/skinning question

(Drew99) #1

when I go from edit mode to pose mode, my rig shifts position somewhat. I’ve done
everything I can think of to correct this: alt r,s,g, control n, W-> clear user transform and
still it shifts. What am I doing wrong? I would like the pose position to be the same as
the edit position.

0 Likes

(thelowlander) #2

have you got some constraints set? And what about the bone roll angles?

Edit:
ctrl n, so roll angles is out… constraints?

0 Likes

(Drew99) #3

yes, I have some constraints such as the head bone tracks the movement of the Head Controller bone. Also, the arms have a set-up so when you move the Hand Controller bone the whole arm follows. I am not at my Blender computer right now so sorry if I’m being a bit vague.

0 Likes

(Drew99) #4

After deleting all the constraints the rig now maintains its shape when switching modes.
I then did the weight painting and added the constraints back to the rig. Everthing works as it should but I get the feeling there is an easier way to do this (without deleting the constraints). Anyone?

0 Likes

(thelowlander) #5

sorry I’ll need to see the rig for specific info, from what you mentioned I think you just had some bad aligned constraints. I don’t think weighting had anything to do with it because a weighted mesh does not affect the armature object.
I think you had a bad constraint and fixed it when you redid everything.

0 Likes

(Drew99) #6

Could be. Thanks for the input.

0 Likes

(Fligh) #7

Also the order of the constraints in the stack determines in which order they’re evaluated (and can cause Cyclic Dependancies).

%<

0 Likes