Rigging training DVD from Nathan Vegdahl

Yeah… sorry for ranting in your thread. The DVD looks great, and when my day job loosens up a little, I plan to order it (and then email you so I don’t have to wait…)

Thanks Mark! Look forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Ordered. And I just email to your gmail account hopefully to receive link together with others.

Thanks.

Just ordered. Sounds like this DVD explains rigging on a more fundamental level, and that appeals to me as I could never really grok the art of rigging… I know it’s about humane rigging, but I hope the knowledge will also transfer to mechanical rigging. In any case, I look forward to learn and be entertained at the same time :slight_smile:

Pre-ordered this a few weeks back and am looking forward to its arrival… which will be soon? I know these things take time to get right, so I’d rather you got it right and didn’t rush it but… could you put a rush on it? :smiley:

https://twitter.com/#!/tonroosendaal/status/179619398787661824
According to that tweet the DVD is already out for printing.
And that was on 13 Mar 12, let’s be patient…

Naaaaa… Can’t… :slight_smile:

Hi Nathan,

Ordered your DVD and also Emailed looking for a link to download same.

As i mentioned in email:

Would appreciate a download link for this. I usually prefer download
over post / dvd:

1. Immediate gratification
  2. Cheaper delivery ( no delivery cost in these austere times - I am
    in IMF/ECB bailed out, recession ruined Ireland :smiley: )

By all means pass onto Ton. I agree that Blender Stiore DVDs need to be ALSO electronic as an option for those who prefer this method of delivery. The price went from €24.75 at the store page to €33.45 when one adds VAT and SHIPPING.

Two things:

1. If in EU, Some sort of facility to enter a company VAT Num to buy ex vat
  2. EX VAT and SHIPPING mentioned on the shop page NEXT TO the price. Currently it gives impression the DVD is €24.75 unless you scroll way down to small print.

Cheers
Aidan

I’ve already finished the DVD. At this point it’s just a matter of waiting for the DVD’s themselves to be printed and shipped.

Currently it appears that shipping will begin on March 30th:
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=146

So does this mean the next installment “deformations” will soon be in the works???
Sorry to ask but you are such an excellent rigger and teacher, plus this subject needs explained in the problem solving format you have used for the first installment.

March 30th. Okay, I can hold on that long :slight_smile: Based on past experience with Blender Store products, it will be well worth the wait.

Having said that, I’ll put my vote in for both physical and electronic delivery. All of my Dvds, etc end up on my hard drive eventually for easy access. I’m still old fashioned enough to like having the physical product in my hands (nothing like finding that package in your mailbox :smiley: ), nice physical back-up of the product as well.

I’m not entirely sure when I’ll start the next installment, but I hope sooner rather than later. I do need to take a break and do something other than training for a bit, though!

Not 30th yet, but I found out, mine already shipped.

Mine, too, so…

Nathan,

Does that mean you’re willing (and/or allowed) to mail out those download links now?

Ooh! Awesome! I didn’t realize that they had already shipped. Yeah, I’ll send out the links now. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Sent! If I missed anyone, please shoot me an email!

Hi nathan,

This is a slight derail, but do you happen to have video examples of that tiger project you worked on a while back? I remember it looking like it was going to be awesome, i hope you can share a video or two of that project. Besides, it makes for good advertising of your skillz! :slight_smile:

Can I have the download version before the dvd???
I am in cayman islands so going to be a few weeks before the dvd arrive…

Most of the work I did on that project is in my demo reel:
http://cessen.com/reel

And it was a cougar, btw, not a tiger. :wink: The documentary is called “American Cougars”, and it aired on National Geographic Wild during “big cats week” IIRC.

Thanks for the kind words!

Is it confirmed then? Because the shop shows even Track, Match, Blend and Mango as shipped :confused:

awesome DVD!!! I am in lesson 2 now maybe a few lessons tonight, very clear, now I am understanding about rigging finally!!
congrats to Nathan Vegdahl about this DVD, nice job!! let’s wait for the 2nd DVD: FACE RIGGING and ADVANCED rigs!! woowwwooo!!!

Definitely worth the money, Nathan. Like themonster, I’m finally starting to understand.

Very much looking forward to more of your training vids.