Here are a few tutorials that cover rigging with Rigify. I will be adding to this series often. My goal is to delve into every aspect of the Rigify addon.
Subjects that will be covered are:
- Using the standard Human Metarigs for rig generation.
- Adding to the human metarigs to expand rigs before generating a rig.
- Adding bones after rig generation.
- Using Rigify for more then biped/humanoid rigs.
- Lot’s of workflow tips not specific to Rigify, but to rigging in general
- Weight painting and skinning to a rig. Useful tips to weight your meshes to the Rigify Rig to get good deformations. (i.e. how to make auto weighting look good, or why auto weighting will never be enough…)
- rig.ui.py script changes to make your rig even better.
- How to use the rigify rig and it’s many controls and options.
Part 1 :Using rigify for any project. It’s not just for character rigging!
Part 2 : Human/biped rigging: Mesh preparation.
Part 3: Adding/Editing the Metarig
Part 4: Generating a rig. Basic skinning primer.
I will be adding to this series in the following days/weeks.