right! or wrong!?

:-? ok I’ve been part of the blender community for a long time almost as long as blender had been in existence, I know that I haven’t been elysiun springer for long but, I don’t recall ever getting kicked or banned from a chat or forum of any blender or cgtalk, thready, for bad behavior, I never know the rules well but I make sure to treat people right who treat me right I congratulate people on a good job and I crit, but only constructively ( I never say “ow that looks like crap!” ) I try my damndest never to swear…

I haven’t went on gameblender chat in a long time or at least less frequently then I used to ( like all day and everyday ), the only enemy I’ve ever made was this one dude a while back, and that was because I didn’t like the perverted crap he kept sending me over chat saying it was art etc.

That’s it!! until today read the logs below and check out what happened

“OOpz” the op, on gameblender chat banned me for 24 hours for using color coded text, I didn’t know it was against the rules if I did I won’t have used them, and I know that it’s not long to wait but, this whole thing is just out of place bad Karma! totally not fair…

plz post what you think after reading the logs…

Session Start (leguin.freenode.net:#gameblender): Fri Jul 23 20:49:04 2004
*** Now talking in #gameblender.
*** Topic of #gameblender: Welcome to #Gameblender please type: !rules… see !help for bot usage. || (Link: http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/)http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/ || www.gameblender.org || antihc3 is away… back towards the end of july, any problems with his server, report to OOPz (he has the restart button)
*** Set by OOPz 31314 minutes ago
*** Users on #gameblender: hanzo birras asciiwhite dreamsgate sephiroth111 SerpLord Enriq Research snowy_duck starry_anime OOPz hmetal_sleep antihc3 Desoto_afk @zerlinda antont
*** End of /NAMES list.
-ChanServ- [#gameblender] Welcome to GameBlender | Channel pages @ (Link: http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/)http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/
*** #gameblender [freenode-info] help freenode weed out clonebots, please register your IRC nick and auto-identify: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup
*** Mode for channel #gameblender is “+tn”
*** Channel #gameblender was created at Sat Feb 14 21:08:25 2004
*** Join to #gameblender completed in 1 seconds.
-zerlinda- there is 1 News item/s since your last log in from : OOPz
-zerlinda- b-owl ([email protected]) was looking for you on #gameblender 4 hours 17 minutes ago (23.07. 16:31).
<hanzo> heya guys
<birras> hiya
<hanzo> is it possible to do vertice animation in game mode?
<OOPz> is that a promise?
<OOPz> hey hanzo
<hanzo> hey man
<birras> yes
<OOPz> hanzo… nope… but, you can fake it with an armature
<birras> i had 2 crashes
<OOPz> actually… it can be done, but ya need a very complex script
<hanzo> well I know that way just to many armatures in a scene will slow ito down to much
<snowy_duck> hanzo atari sword
<hanzo> atari sword? is that the script?
<sephiroth111> …
<sephiroth111> atari sword
<sephiroth111> made out of atari 2600?
<sephiroth111> or 7200s?
<OOPz> the new culling has its main savings on armatures, dependant on how many characters you need, its a sensible option now
<sephiroth111> =)
<sephiroth111> yeah
<sephiroth111> i know
<sephiroth111> cheezy
<sephiroth111> but hew
<sephiroth111> *hey
<sephiroth111> what am i here for?
<hanzo> shit I rather vertice animate characters and cloth sim animations on my own without slowing down blender…
*** goldentaiji ([email protected]) has joined channel #gameblender
<goldentaiji> hey guys
<hanzo> yo
<Enriq> back
<goldentaiji> hanzo
<goldentaiji> enriq
<Enriq> hey
<goldentaiji> hey snowy_duck, you there?
<snowy_duck> yup
<goldentaiji> hmm, didn’t get the file
<hanzo> this new culling will be in BF blender 2.34? or what?
<goldentaiji> :confused:
<snowy_duck> oh woops i was spossed to email it
*** Signoff: birras ((null))
<goldentaiji> lol
<Enriq> omg culling in blender!!
<goldentaiji> the dcc didn’t work
<snowy_duck> now i remember why i had that window open
<goldentaiji> lol
<snowy_duck> email?
<OOPz> yup. 234
<hanzo> <OOPz> the new culling has its main savings on armatures, dependant on how many characters you need, its a sensible option now
<goldentaiji> [email protected]
<hanzo> grandia~!
<Enriq> I need it for my large level designs
<hanzo> grandia!
<Enriq> like my huge city im working on

I was kicked didn’t have a clue why, as mad as hell, and signed back in…

Session Start (leguin.freenode.net:#gameblender): Fri Jul 23 20:49:04 2004
*** Topic of #gameblender: Welcome to #Gameblender please type: !rules… see !help for bot usage. || (Link: http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/)http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/ || www.gameblender.org || antihc3 is away… back towards the end of july, any problems with his server, report to OOPz (he has the restart button)
*** Set by OOPz 31314 minutes ago
*** Users on #gameblender: hanzo birras asciiwhite dreamsgate sephiroth111 SerpLord Enriq Research snowy_duck starry_anime OOPz hmetal_sleep antihc3 Desoto_afk @zerlinda antont
*** End of /NAMES list.
-ChanServ- [#gameblender] Welcome to GameBlender | Channel pages @ (Link: http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/)http://antihc3.dyndns.org/gameblender/
*** #gameblender [freenode-info] help freenode weed out clonebots, please register your IRC nick and auto-identify: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup
*** Join to #gameblender completed in 1 seconds.
-zerlinda- there is 1 News item/s since your last log in from : OOPz
-zerlinda- b-owl ([email protected]) was looking for you on #gameblender 4 hours 17 minutes ago (23.07. 16:31).
<hanzo> heya guys
<birras> hiya
<hanzo> is it possible to do vertice animation in game mode?
<OOPz> is that a promise?
<OOPz> hey hanzo
<hanzo> hey man
<birras> yes
<OOPz> hanzo… nope… but, you can fake it with an armature
<birras> i had 2 crashes
<OOPz> actually… it can be done, but ya need a very complex script
<hanzo> well I know that way just to many armatures in a scene will slow ito down to much
<snowy_duck> hanzo atari sword
<hanzo> atari sword? is that the script?
<sephiroth111> …
<sephiroth111> atari sword
<sephiroth111> made out of atari 2600?
<sephiroth111> or 7200s?
<OOPz> the new culling has its main savings on armatures, dependant on how many characters you need, its a sensible option now
<sephiroth111> =)
<sephiroth111> yeah
<sephiroth111> i know
<sephiroth111> cheezy
<sephiroth111> but hew
<sephiroth111> *hey
<sephiroth111> what am i here for?
<hanzo> shit I rather vertice animate characters and cloth sim animations on my own without slowing down blender…
*** goldentaiji ([email protected]) has joined channel #gameblender
<goldentaiji> hey guys
<hanzo> yo
<Enriq> back
<goldentaiji> hanzo
<goldentaiji> enriq
<Enriq> hey
<goldentaiji> hey snowy_duck, you there?
<snowy_duck> yup
<goldentaiji> hmm, didn’t get the file
<hanzo> this new culling will be in BF blender 2.34? or what?
<goldentaiji> :confused:
<snowy_duck> oh woops i was spossed to email it
*** Signoff: birras ((null))
<goldentaiji> lol
<Enriq> omg culling in blender!!
<goldentaiji> the dcc didn’t work
<snowy_duck> now i remember why i had that window open
<goldentaiji> lol
<snowy_duck> email?
<OOPz> yup. 234
<hanzo> <OOPz> the new culling has its main savings on armatures, dependant on how many characters you need, its a sensible option now
<goldentaiji> [email protected]
<hanzo> grandia~!
<Enriq> I need it for my large level designs
<hanzo> grandia!
<Enriq> like my huge city im working on
<OOPz> please dont use colored text
<hanzo> grandia!!!
<goldentaiji> hmm hanzo I don’t remember seeing culling listed for 2.34
<goldentaiji> all I saw was multi-texture and shadows
<hanzo> well that dosn’t matter if I did?
<Enriq> man if they put culling in! I will wet my pants
<OOPz> really… well… multi-texture and shadows are not in 234
<hanzo> yes they are!
<Enriq> i think i posted on .org website for culling ^-^
*** Mode change “+o OOPz” for channel #gameblender by ChanServ
<Enriq> …someone wants to get booted lol
*** OOPz has left #gameblender
Session Close (#gameblender): Fri Jul 23 20:58:40 2004

Session Start (leguin.freenode.net:#gameblender): Fri Jul 23 20:58:52 2004
*** Set by OOPz 31324 minutes ago
*** Users on #gameblender: hanzo goldentaiji asciiwhite dreamsgate sephiroth111 SerpLord Enriq Research snowy_duck starry_anime @OOPz hmetal_sleep antihc3 Desoto_afk @zerlinda antont
*** End of /NAMES list.
*** Join to #gameblender completed in 0 seconds.
<Enriq> im surprised toy let him go that long opz
<hanzo> who kicked me…?
<goldentaiji> lol
<Enriq> ususally after i see colored text i see KICKED!
<OOPz> Enriq, im lagging about 30 seconds
<goldentaiji> hmm, when did OOPz become a bot too?
<Enriq> ahh
<goldentaiji> @OOPz
<Enriq> 30 seconds ago I was thinking oopz might be laggin…
<Enriq> lol
<hanzo> yo [email protected] you! OOPZ!, ooppZ! sorry didn’t mean it,
<hanzo> thats comming from one of the best artist in the blender community
<hanzo> :smiley:
<OOPz> are you trying to get banned?
<hanzo> nope
*** almostvaction ([email protected]) has joined channel #gameblender

• OOPz is not in the mood tonight
    *** almostvaction is now known as TazyTiggy
    <Enriq> hanzo do you have a website?
    <hanzo> but when people kick me for no reason they should be?!
    <TazyTiggy> help!
    <hanzo> yeah I got wep site…
    <Enriq> hanzo colored text is not allowed and is bootable
    <Enriq> bannable depending on how oopz is feeling :slight_smile:
    <dreamsgate> lol
    <hanzo> were is that rule writen!>>? how the hell could I know!!??
    <OOPz> i asked you nicely not to use col text, and you imediatly did so twice… dont push it or ill ban you just so i dont have to deal with you
    <goldentaiji> lol
    <goldentaiji> well now you know
    <goldentaiji> :slight_smile:
    <Enriq> !rules
    <hanzo> what cind of perverted rule is that?!! I just want an explination?
    <Enriq> its been that way forever
    *** Signon by OOPz ([email protected], Mask: !@*) detected
    *** OOPz is an identified user
    <Enriq> long as i can remember
    <goldentaiji> colored text harms the eyes and is distracting
    <goldentaiji> lol
  • hanzo doesn’t remmember that and I’ve been here long time
    <dreamsgate> colored text can be hard for some users to see
    <goldentaiji> yeah that red before got to me
    <hanzo> Oo thats not my problem! shit I used a dark enough color the first time
    <OOPz> 2 reasons, 1 its common thruout the blender chat rooms, and 2, my shit is color coded… now shut up about it
    <Enriq> If you do it everyone else thinks they have to also…mainly those who come in once a year just to start trouble
    <Enriq> but if you dont like the rules you can leave…
    <sephiroth111> d0ogs?
    <hanzo> my shit is color coded… now shut up about it what the hell does that mean!?
    <sephiroth111> it means
    <sephiroth111> shut the fuck up about it
    <sephiroth111> he is an op.
    <sephiroth111> you arent.
    <sephiroth111> deal.
    <goldentaiji> gotta keep cursing down at a minimal
    <sephiroth111> sorry
    *** Mode change “+b !@S0106004005bdaea6.vs.shawcable.net” for channel #gameblender by OOPz
    *** zerlinda has left #gameblender
    Session Close (#gameblender): Fri Jul 23 21:06:23 2004

ok now I was banned… so I wanted to speak to Oppz

Session Start (leguin.freenode.net:OOPz): Fri Jul 23 21:03:51 2004
<hanzo> I hope you kicked the guy who swor?..
<hanzo> I didn’t once
<hanzo> I said [email protected] and then said sorry?
*** Cannot join #gameblender: (+b you!) Banned.
<hanzo> dude common I’ve been going on that chat longer then u’ve been an op? whats your problem, you like doogs or somthing?.. did I piss you off in the past life…?
<hanzo> I’ll be a good boy just let me on common man I didn’t know about the rule!
<hanzo> dude… O_O
<hanzo> O_o dude?!!
<hanzo> dude! let me on I didn’t know the rule man!?
<OOPz> swearing is fine, provided its normaly conversational swearing,
<OOPz> you were asked (and nicely i might add) not to use color, and you still did
<OOPz> then you bitched at me, even tho i told you not to
<hanzo> swearing is fine but don’t use color coding?! ok what ever
<hanzo> I’ll not use them again I wasn’t paying attention I didn’t know you were a new mod…
<hanzo> I didn’t even know you were talking to me if I don’t know someone and they say something I don’t pay attention besides I was going back and forth and hell it’s hard to pay attention to things you don’t expect!!
<OOPz> im starting to get real pissed at you… you have almost definaly NOT been in the blender comunity longer than me… and even if you have… it doesnt mean shit
<OOPz> and im not a new op… im THE fucken op
<OOPz> and even if there isnt an op you know about in the room… you still shouldnt break the (very fiew) rules
<hanzo> OO it doesn’t hell!? man I got friends dude so don’t pull that shit with me, I’m being nive aswell but from my side Im pissed at the situation, I didn’t knoW!!!
<hanzo> nive = nice sorry :frowning:
<OOPz> then your a fucken idiot
<hanzo> :slight_smile:
<OOPz> dont pull the ‘iv got friends’ shit… that just makes you look like a fag
<hanzo> you know I aint did nothing to you…
<hanzo> :wink: common man lets cut this I’ll apoligies in front of everybody I didn’t know and sorry
<OOPz> getting kicked is a warning, if that didnt get your attention… then… you really need to learn to concentrate
<OOPz> sorry… no, i have a simple policy, and its only broken if i actually made an error… first ban 24 hours, it doubles every time from there
<hanzo> well I know how, just I didn’t think I needed to on the chat I’ve been going on for ages were I just relax
<OOPz> see you tomorrow
<OOPz> now, i need to go back to work
<hanzo> well I’m glad you told me and I’ll apoligies tommarow but man thats harsh and arogent on your end I should know better, but you should to that’s the truth man, fair is fair… hell I didn’t do so much as call you one name, and only word I said was shit once and [email protected] so you figure!.. seya tommarow
Session Close (OOPz): Fri Jul 23 21:26:11 2004

In the end I was very relieved, I didn’t even know that the ban was not permanent… also when I said “I got friends” I meant that there’s a few people that I know on the forums and in the chats that could vouch for me, so he wouldn’t be able to ban me forever if that was possible, hell I was scared!..

ok now you decide, what’s up wit that?

Chat is cerial. From time to time I’ve wasted my time logging in to a variety of chat forums only to have my first impressions confirmed: generally speaking they’re nothing but cyberwank, inane smack-shaks where, perusing the log I inevitably have to ask myself, “did these people actually make a conscious choice to suspend life just to be doing this?”

Chat could be such a usefull tool. I think of the developers chat forum and all the other programming chatrooms I’ve stumbled upon on the web. Nothing you posted above leads me to believe that you lost anything more than a grain of dignity (if drivel like that can somehow be equated with dignity in some way, shape or form) and your Kharma is only Kharma when you can recognize it as such.

%<

:-? dude your absolutely right but man this sucks! :<

and I’m don’t in any way or form think that I’ve been effected,
other then being exposed to another small example of moral ignorance…

Thanks for replying man :wink:

Man, just reading that made me annoyed, and I couldn’t see any colored text. Why couldn’t you just shut up and stop using it? Is it such a big deal to try to make a stand for colored text?

I wish more people in chats would type full words and preferably capitol letters… until that starts happening, I stay out unless I need them.

shbaz I wasn’t defending color text ? I didn’t know the rules? I told him I wouldn’t do it and that I didn’t know the rules… shoot and I wont, all I’m saying is that what he did was excessive to say the least.

actually you know I might just stop going on chats as well, they truly aren’t that productive…

PS: this was the only time I’ve used colored text and it was when I said “Grandia!” about the new features that were coming to blender. %|

hanzo you have been in the blender community more than me… and should be more respected… now i don’t know how i became an op in #gameblender. but i would give you a warning because people don’t know. i think oopz/MNME just wanted things to get interesting :wink: i should tell him warn before banning :confused: ops needs rules too. i hate when crap like this happens :confused:

hehe and you are right about chats not being productive :confused: i have been tyring to keep out of chats. only use em for quick help…

Well, so… You shouldn’t use colors because you can f*ck up people’s screen layout that are chatting on a text terminal for example. Also, colors are annoying - I’ve been on some channels where you couldn’t even follow a simple conversation becauso people were constantly using colors. So you would have been kicked in many, many channels…

Perhaps it would have been better just saying ‘ok’ and then ask why.

Additionally ops are ops are ops are ops and can kick people - they don’t need a good reason for it (and trust me: People have got permbans on other channels for less). Probably rules could be set up - but who decides? Resident users? What are resident users? - On #frankfurt and #darmstadt we tried to set up rules in the last 10 years. It doesn’t work. There always will be people feeling treated unfair and start up discussions with the ops and communication on the channel gets impossible. So in the end it’s up to the ops - it’s the best way!

I for my part don’t know why you bring this to elysiun. If you’ve got a problem with NME on IRC then you should talk to him in a query. From my point of view it was totally correct what he did. And it doesn’t matter who gets kicked - even if it was Ton himself… :wink:

I noticed you were abit bitchy at times… then you do the right thing and apoligise at the end (sucking up with smiley’s)…

fair enough I think that is the right thing to do… unlucky on your end for getting into the fight in the first place… don’t act so sloppy next time and you may get a ‘cool cred’… street cred…

hoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well thanks guys for the comments.

I’ve decided to stay in chat, I’m so used to wasting my time on them I can’t help it. an old habit…