Rigid Body Chain Follow handcuff?

The above video is a test I am working on, trying to get a rigid body simulation of a chain to follow the handcuff parented to the rigify rig on a character model.

I can not figure out how to get the chain to react to the animation. The cuff is labeled as ‘animated’ in the Rigid Body tab, and is active in the simulation. I also have checked ‘deform’ as I assume it being deformed in animation due to the armature.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

can you upload the file to diagnose it better?
Update: I made a quick example of how ti achieve this. The main thing is to make sure the “Animated” check box is ticked on the mesh with the armature but also to make sure the other rigid bodies outside the armature to be active without the “animated” ticked. I don’t believe the Deform option is required.

There are two ways of making physics chains … one is more accurate… you basically make each link a soled body. The problem is this method can easily brake. If you move something further than half the width of chain link between one frame and the next you brake it. A better method is to set up a series of ball-and-socket joints between the links. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPl8BHERvCk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i9wZ3WRVqheacqWs-E4_hH_OIg3F05N-/view

Here is a google drive link to the .blend file.

Thanks for the advice! I tried setting all the parameters as you said, but I’m still having some difficulty getting the chain to follow the hand. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the scaling or the mass…?

Again, thank you for the help!

Actually, I solved the problem!

Using the method yogyog linked to me, I was still having trouble getting the chain links to follow the actual handcuff. I ended up just creating an empty, parenting it to the handcuff vertex, and parenting the first link of the chain to the empty. Works like a charm now.

I’ll link the final when it’s done. Thanks for the help!!

^The final product. Thanks for the help!!