Rigid body objects from particle system.

I may well have missed something in the documentation but I thought I would be able to do the following.

1. Create a sphere on layer 2 and add it as an active rigid body
  2. Create a plane on layer 1 and add it as a passive rigid body
  3. Create a plane as a particle emitter and use the object created in step 1 as the particle.

Once I start playback the spheres are generated but do not react within the rigid body environment.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not currently possible?

Thanks in advance.

You are mixing systems. Particles have their own physics system (which can collide with a plane). But you can use the particle system to generate objects that can be converted to standard objects which will participate in the new 2.66 physics system. Run your particle system to the point where you have a bunch of particles emitted into the scene. Then select the emitter and use SHIFT-CTRL-A to make duplicate real. The particles will become actual objects in the scene (the outliner will fill up). Now select all the new particles and Add them to the physics sim using the button in the Tools panel. Remove the original emitter and playback your animation.

I feared this might be the case. I will have a play with what you have suggested.

Thanks for the reply.

I love it when I learn something new! GREAT tip, thanks!