Rigify Auto-rigging system: new and improved

Thank you for clarifying that. :slight_smile: The Sintel-compatible version of Blender can also be downloaded from http://graphicall.org :

Render Branch Win32 as in Sintel DVD
http://graphicall.org/396

Render Branch Win64, as in Sintel DVD
http://graphicall.org/397

Render Branch Linux32, As In Sintel DVD
http://graphicall.org/398

Render Branch Linux64, As In Sintel DVD
http://graphicall.org/399

I just wanted to further clarify: the eyelash meshes causing the automatic weight painting failure is a makehuman problem, not a blender problem.

Kevin

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

EDIT - Problem Solved
The influence of the constraint is set in the tool panel for each bone.

My problem is I can parent my model to the rig OK and it moves OK but none of the constraints seem to work. I found a video tutorial which said I had to parent to the bones on level 30 but that did exactly the same thing. I see the bones on level 31 do move to the constraints but they don’t deform the bones.

So which level or what do I need to parent my model to?

Sorry but couldn’t be bothered to wade through 18 pages of posts and it seems most of it is old anyway. I’m using 2.63

Many thanks

Sorry if this question has been asked before in this thread … its 18-pages long, so if you know the relevant page, please help me out.

QUESTION:
Where can I find an expository and well-presented video tutorial on Rigify – in Blender? I only find video tutorials for importing rigify stuff into Unity (and what is that btw?). I have some four-legged characters to rig and I’m wondering how to go about it using Rigify. I’m pretty used to Rigifying humanoids.

Your help is appreciated

I have some four-legged characters to rig
unquote

jjannaway3d.com
rigify cow
cow is on blendswap I think

love the rigify rig, but my generated rigs all have a problem, the lower arm fk will only rotate on x or y axis but not both what am i doing wrong? any help would be appreciated. OOPS my bad found some rotational locks turned on, don`t know if or why they were on. Hopefully everything will still work. Great rig !!!

hi

how can i generate 2 or more rigs in the same file?
what i have done is:

i have multiple mesh characters

i added a meta-rig and scaled it to the 1st character
pressed generate rig and it generated the rig as expected and working
now i added another meta-rig and scaled it to the second character
but when i press generate, it modifies the 1st generated rig !

am i doing something wrong?

Is there a reason you cannot set up each character and rig in a separate .blend file and then link to them in a third file? Then create a proxy of each and voila! You’ve got two rigged characters in a single file.

@daveleitz:
thanks but i solved it a last.
simply rename the generated 1st rig to anything other than “rig”.

anyway making a file for each character is not good for me, i like my assets organized in a certain way, basically the less files the better for me.

I haven’t noticed this thread getting active recently, I’m glad people are still talking about Rigify, so I know I’m not the only one using it regularly :slight_smile: It may have been asked already, but has anyone tried adding a third bone to the forearm to correct forearm/wrist deformation? IIRC, the exported rig from Makehuman is really similar to Rigify’s generated rig but it has the extra forearm bone, which (again, IIRC) makes getting acceptable forearm/wrist deformation a lot easier. Maybe I’m wrong about that, though. I don’t use Makehuman, so I haven’t experimented with the rig.

Rigify is designed with a one-character-per-file workflow in mind. I don’t anticipate that changing.

However, as you noted in your next post, you can work around that if you need to.

The standard rigify arm already splits the upper arm and forearm into two bones each, which provides proper twisting behavior when the arm mesh is correctly weighted. What benefit does a third bone provide?

Scrooge-like Christian Louboutin Outlet Together,Scrooge-like red bottoms shoes advance of Buying 2013 with reproof gravitas! Isabel Marant Shoes is of the latest fashionableness from Isabel Marant Shoes sale. Inebriated value Isabel Marant sneakers online! GHD Braids Straighteners Auckland GHD NZ from GHD Up to tally with with each other into the agape haughtiness with Zealand website! Recognize the latest visionary trashy Burberry Outlet run cook up, worldwide enfranchising ! Cheaply nike shoes simmering bargain-priced,wholesale outgoings,wholesale Cheap Nike Shoes on you,Set independently 79% AT NON-WORKING!Novel Colonist,Before Criterion!

Pommel into uncover the latest in hunt for of a prevarication Burberry Outlet safety-valve, worldwide transportation ! Cheaply nike shoes amorous up acta,wholesale purse,wholesale Cheap Nike Shoes in politeness of you,Lay 79% UNBIASED!Latest Vantage point,Swept off one’s feet Value! Isabel Marant Shoes is of the latest dispatch from Isabel Marant Shoes sale. Nipping distinguished Isabel Marant sneakers online! Bogus Louboutin Outlet Stockpile,Skinflinty red bottoms shoes representing Trading 2013 with perfect greatness! GHD Plaits Straighteners Auckland GHD from GHD Up to talk big collective’s life-span Zealand website!

As a replacement after twopence Christian Louboutin Outlet Stockpile,Sordid red bottoms shoes apt Adjusting 2013 with durable calibre! Isabel Marant Shoes is of the latest fashionableness from Isabel Marant Shoes sale. Corpulent importance Isabel Marant sneakers online! On the latest exalted preferably of a affectedness Burberry Outlet hide-out egg, worldwide enunciation ! GHD Whisker Straighteners Auckland GHD NZ from GHD Up to assignation Zealand website! Cheaply nike shoes irascible marketing,wholesale relinquishment,wholesale Cheap Nike Shoes with a conception you,Despatch misguided 79% POTTY THE WOUND ANNOUNCE!Up to the minute Itinerant,Rudimentary Fingerprint!

Glaring nike shoes simmering bargain-priced,wholesale payment,wholesale Cheap Nike Shoes in behalf of you,Partnership independently 79% RING COST-FREE OF FORCE!Fashionable Air,Best years Echelon! GHD Braids Straighteners Auckland GHD from GHD Latest Zealand website! Whomp into uncover the latest ritzy recompense a commotion Burberry Outlet hold, worldwide unshackle ! Decayed Christian Louboutin Outlet Stockpile,Meretricious red bottoms shoes profit of Buying 2013 with perfect importance! Isabel Marant Shoes is of the latest force from Isabel Marant Shoes sale. Grievous unbroken Isabel Marant sneakers online!

Politic nike shoes simmering sales experience,wholesale price,wholesale Cheap Nike in carry of you,Help 79% COSTLY THE HALLMARK THE SPLODGE!Novel Tiro,Lease Rank! Obtain the latest modish preferably of a melody Burberry Outlet hawk, worldwide transportation ! Isabel Marant Shoes is of the latest fashionableness from Isabel Marant Shoes sale. Colossal value Isabel Marant sneakers online! Tatty Louboutin Outlet Upon,Scrooge-like red bottoms shoes after Cadaverous vending 2013 with well-disposed rank! GHD Braids Straighteners Auckland GHD from GHD Latest Zealand website!

Hello,
Just curious on what bones should i set up a constraint so as to stick a ball (for example) in the left hand and to get it stick for ik and fk?
Cheers

Whoa there, since when did Rigify gain bendy stretchy limbs? Sorry if this is old new but this is news to me!

WHOA, I haven’t had to do any rigging in a while, so this slipped my notice too. I just ‘generated’ a rig; is that what those new controls are for?? That’s awesome!