Rigify error.

Ok. This is driving me nuts. I made a model and used Rigify addon to rig. Started playing around with animations and I must of done something, because now I can’t use Rigify anymore on my new models. It keeps giving me this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\user\Downloads\blender-2.71-windows64\blender-2.71-windows64\2.71\scripts\addons\rigify\ui.py”, line 289, in execute
generate.generate_rig(context, context.object)
File “C:\Users\user\Downloads\blender-2.71-windows64\blender-2.71-windows64\2.71\scripts\addons\rigify\generate.py”, line 66, in generate_rig
rest_backup = metarig.data.pose_position
AttributeError: ‘Mesh’ object has no attribute ‘pose_position’

And the crazy thing is. I redownloaded Blender and unzipped it to a different folder and it still gives me this error. WTH?
Is there a hidden file that Blender writes out preferences and other stuff to?

It sure would help to know what you’re doing when it gives you this error. Or to see a file or screenshot demonstrating it. Or to have any sort of context at all.

Perhaps you could upload the offending file as well. Seeing it might help, too.

That was the thing. I re downloaded blender and quickly made a model to rig with rigify and it was still giving me that error.
In disgust I turned off my computer and went to bed. Now that I’m home, I opened up my file and now it works.

I swear…Blender! I know most of my problems is my short comings of not understanding how to use Blender, but my god. If you just hit the wrong key somehow, Blender just fucks up everything. And you don’t know how to recover from it (yes I know, undo).
Totally not noob friendly.

Yup, that’s a problem for those new to Blender. Eventually, through trial and error, through asking questions here and just banging on things, you’ll get past this stage. Be patient, grasshopper. :slight_smile: