rigify-mesh problems

I have been working thru Tony Mullen’s “Introducing Character Animation with Blender” and, as you can see, am having some problems with the head mesh. I’ve made sure there are no doubles in the mesh, all my lines were made with the mirror modifier, and I have the armature at the top on the modifier panel. Everything else on the body is working perfectly, the head and neck mesh though, well, you can see! Any help?!
Thanks!

If you can provide the .blend file I can have a look?

captain b.zip (448 KB) Thanks for the reply. This is the first time I’ve tried to upload a .blend file. If you can open it and be of any help, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks again

Hmm I have to say I’m pretty stumped, I’ve tried redoing the weight painting, redoing the entire Rigify armature from scratch and it just seems destined to avoid that area on his face(weirdly enough after redoing the armature it started to avoid the other side of the face instead)…You’re following the same book that I learnt from so it should be fine, I’m hesitant to say you might have missed something on one of the pages, but I can’t think of anything that would have caused a certain chunk to be missed like that. I recommend just trying to redo the weight painting yourself.
I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

the head is notoriously improperly weighted. It is simple to manually paint though. Just select all vertices in the head and assign to the appropriate def-head vertex group

Thank you, daren, problem solved! There wasn’t a def-head vertex group to be found, but I was able to assign it to the neck. Slight deformation when moved, barely noticable. Thanks also to enigma246 for the effort!