This add-on adds a nearly ready-to-use Rigify Meta-Rig for Characters made with the MB-Lab add-on.
After the installation you can find the add-on in the MB-Lab tab in the Properties panel.
- create and finalize a character with MB-Lab
- select the Armature (usually “MBlab_sk<long number>”) in Object Mode (the menu doesn’t show in Pose Mode!)
- click the button “Add Meta-Rig”
- set legs straight and adjust knee offset in y direction (I couldn’t get the rig to work properly without this. The knees always bend inwards.)
- also optional:
- remove face rig, if not needed
- Generate Rig (Properties > Data)
to use the weight paint from MB-Lab:
- select the character mesh
- exchange the armature object (Properties > Modifiers)
- click the button “MB-Lab to Rigify”
- Weight paint for the neck bones “DEF-spine.004” and “DEF-spine.005” needs to be done manually
Weight paint for the neck bones “DEF-spine.004” and “DEF-spine.005” needs to be done manually! MB-Lab rig has one neck bone. The default Rigify rig has two neck bones.
Also, the head of “spine-004” should be moved a bit forward, before generating the rig.
Rigify in Legacy Mode: Weight paint for ‘thumb.01.L.01’, ‘thumb.01.L.02’, ‘thumb.01.R.01’, and ‘thumb.01.L.02’ needs to be done manually!
fixed: renaming vertex groups for legacy mode
fixed: renaming vertex groups
added Rigify Legacy Mode compatibility
port to blender 2.8 for MB-Lab