Ringling School of Art and Design

See, you guys I really want to get into this college, it would really help if you could tell me anything about it.

Founded on March 31, 1931, the school was originally a joint venture between John Ringling, of the famed Ringling Brothers Circus and Dr. Budd Spivey, then President of Southern College which is now called the Florida Southern College of Lakeland. After much negotiation, it was decided that the school would be formed and that its name would be The School of Fine and Applied Art of the John and Mable Ringling Art Museum. The school was later renamed to the Ringling School of Art and Design. The building chosen as the site of the new school was originally a 2-star hotel. It was bought and it is now known as Keating Center and is used to house the administrative services, and part of the dormitory and classroom space.

In 1931, there were only 75 students and 13 faculty members. Each student paid $783 per year for tuition, board, room, fees, and books. Also, each student attended chapel services everyday and if they wanted to leave the town, written permission had to be received by the school’s president or Dean of the College. One notable faculty member included Dr. Laura Ganno-McNeill, the first woman in the United States to have ever received a doctorate. Harold Fennyhough, known for his charcole portraits, also taught at the school during the late 1940s.

// post_count++;

How do you know all this stuff ?

SHHHHHHHHH!!

Cheater, but that is alright, I just wanted somebody who went there to tell me how the atmosphere was.

Maybe there will be more information than here for you:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77793

krizu

Next time you should ask if anyone went there, and what their experiences were.