RIP mysite.iptic.com

Earlier today mysite.iptic was put to death by means of removal of electrical charge. Around 7pm the login was made. A minute after that a final status was given. Then quickly and surely, the shutdown -h now was administered.

Each process was killed. The filesystems then umounted.

^----^----^----^--------^---------------^-------------------------------------------------------------

At least we was able to spare it the three finger salute.

BTW… if anyone somehow didn’t know that the sites would be going down, I will archive the /www directory and “stash” it for some time. If someone needs something they had, email me (once my email is reestablished, it will be the same) with the details (old site name, what you need, etc…) and I will get back to you.

That was expected but being expected doesn’t make it les sad.

Stefano

Sorry to see your stuff go down man!!! :frowning: But thank you for the time you did host a couple of my avi’s that i got to show off to the community here, i definatly appreciate it!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

And i was just about to get my s@#t together.

Its a sad thing to loose something like this. But at least it was here.
Thanks again Adam.

Thanks adam, it was very nice of you to host all of us for so long.

Hmm… thst stinks, but thanks for what you did acasto! :smiley:

Once more, thanks Adam. I didn’t use much of it, but I was grateful for what I did use. Good luck and better success with your future ventures.

Imp

Sad to see this finally go down.
Am gratefull to when it was their
goodbye :frowning: :frowning:

I think I’m gonna cry now… :frowning:
Booooohhooooohoooooo…
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Farewell iptic… Farewell poor Hekate… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It was very good for as long as it lasted… :frowning:

Thanks acasto for what you did for us all this time… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

sign:

Poor miserable Spyros…

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

**not to be out done by skontar, dittohead sets the [size=24][/size] code into action!!

THANKS DUDE FOR GIVING US IPTIC TO WORK WITH FOR A WHILE!!!

:wink:

Sorry to hear about the site going down ! :frowning: :frowning:
I really need the lightflow export scripts that was on it, could you please e-mail it to my e-mail address ([email protected]) or if somebody has them could they please e-mail me? Thanks…

Xnilator 3D

You forgot to mention that you also set the code [color=red][/color] and [i][/i] into action, allthough I only used [b][/b]…

Anyway, farewell iptic.com, once again…

Boooohooohooo…

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Spyros.

yup, well, maybe someone else will continue the wonderful charity to the blender community by making another free server. i would but, i have no experiance and no broadband(cant get it).

Thanks acasto for what you did for the community! It will be sorely missed…

Thanks Acasto, that was a nice thing you did for all of us. Good luck with all your projects !

Now, It’s think time for me to look for sponsor…

Yeah, that’s sad, but I stopped using my iptic space a few months ago. I finally got around to setting up my own webserver. If anyone wants some space (~25 megs) I may be able to spare it. Just email me.

I really didn’t intend it to be sad, but thanks everybody for the “thank yous”, I appreciate it. Letting people know things was appreciated is what helps to keep communities moving forward. Because others will see it, and if they are considering doing something, it will help them to know that others will indeed be affected and appreciate what they could do.

Thanks again, I enjoyed working with the community. Many times when I would be having a bad day, and I would be browsing through blender sites, I would come across links to things on my server. Or I would do google searches for blender items and come across links to my server. It would really make my day alot better to know that I had actually done something that worked.

I was right about one thing though, it is indeed constantly evolving. Perhaps into a fileserver or router or something :wink:

THANK YOU, ADAM!!!

…but… %| %| :-? :frowning: where do I go now???

a place with pop ups and banner ads and 20 megs of space…

… (well, I needed to learn some more web design and make the most creative website ever but still… and I need to put my band’s site somewhere sometime too…)…

P.S. GRAB A a .tk site… they kick the bum!!!

P.S.S. if you find a place for my band’s and my website to go that has tons of space and cool features like iptic has…er…had… but just a long name (which would still work with .tk), MESSAGE ME!!!