So here’s the story from start to where I am now.
I use blender 2.75a because it runs better on my laptop (i’d upgrade in a heartbeat if you guys think that would solve this.
I’m remaking a model I made in early 2015, back when I thought the decimate modifier was ok for game characters. It had so many ngons that I just decided to remesh the high poly. I used the mirror mod to cut worktime and any unnecessary struggle. When it came to baking is where I encountered my first issue. Though I applied the modifier and unwrapped things it would only bake parts of the normals (ex: the head, an arm and the body) I eventually overcame this by remove UV map and then unwrapping it again.
Things went fine for a while but when I pressed play …part of it just…vanishes…it looks like it tears.
I made sure all the faces were facing the right way, no overlapping and backface being turned on only makes things worse