River Side

very realistic . God bless you !

Just incredible! Congrats! :smiley:

Very very beautiful renders,

Octane is way better than cycles.

My friend next to me mistook it for a photograph. Iā€™m in awe. Truly.

Looks really good. Hard to believe all that detail fits into 3Gb of vRAM! :smiley:

Oddly the vegetation has an oil painting like color feel to it - very impressive mesh detail level!

Pure Win!:yes:

This is beautiful. It looks like an actual place you can go to. Congrats!

Amazing. These are resolutions you were rendering these images? What would be 3K res render times?

Very good.

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle! That is mind numbingly detailed.

Mind = Blown.
Everything is incredible. Its not just technically jaw-dropping, its artistically amazing and gives a calm and yet thrilling feeling to the viewer. Best Blender landscape / ArchiViz Iā€™ve seen in a long time.

I swear I commented on thisā€¦ I envy your skills, sir.

EDIT. Haha. I did. I didnā€™t realise there was a page 2 of comments. Ah well.

You sir, are a badass! Would you be so kind as to share said script?

What is this Octane you speak of? Can it plug in to Blender or do you need to export your .blend into another piece of software?
What made you choose Octane over Cycles? (Sorry for so many questions, Iā€™m an inquisitive bastard)

Wow! Thatā€™s quick!

And above all, praise, praise, and more praise! This scene is truly beautiful, from every angle.

Trust me, Iā€™m still struggling within my mind and heart to accept the fact that, this isnā€™t a photo and was made with blender.
You nailed it, better than any scene Iā€™ve seen made in blender, you didnā€™t just model a scene to render within one camera shot. You created an entire environment which is different from convention these days.

Thanks to everyone for all those warm comments, much appreciated.

About the tree generator, several people asked me for it, unfortunately it is written in blender 2.49 and it is not very user friendly, I started to port it on Blender 2.6 and finnaly stop it, at least for now, as I find the programming of the UI much more hard than in 2.49, with all the parameters I have to add it is really a pain.

up3 & reynante : I usually start several projects and some of them may stay in the drawers for months and even years so when Iā€™m inspired I may finish several of them in a short time :wink:

DerekG1080 : I set some displacement on the rocks but I could indeed have made some more sculpt.

Ace Dragon : Indeed, when I start a project I donā€™t have an precise image in mind but the feeling of a place, so I tend to model the complete environment ant then navigate into it to find the best angle, I like to be surprised by what I render, using a reference image and trying to reproduce it dosenā€™t provide that feeling, itā€™s much more a challenge.

SreckoMicic : The third image were rendered in 3840x2000 and it took about 30 min for the sunlight render and 45 min for the hdr one (I mix them together), once sunlight and hdr could be used simultaneously I image that 45 min would be enough for such an outdoor scene.

Quantum Anomaly : Octane is the first world wide GPU renderer developped by Terrence Vergauwen and now owned by Otoy (render.otoy.com). I start using it because at its start I was involved in the project and since that time I didnā€™t found any other renderer so confortable for me.

5 starsā€¦beautiful work manā€¦:yes:

Me: ā€œWow, this is wonderful! Who did thiā€“ā€

Writer observes the artist is none other than enricoceric.

Me: ā€œAh. Of course!ā€

Every picture in itself is really polished and well-thought, and they sum up into mind-blowing ensemble. And your tree script is doing its job quite well!

Sincerely, beautiful. Your are a genius, man. Iā€™d spend all day long admiring your work. Merry Christmas.