RoadRaisins short film

Hello guys!

This is a short film me and a couple of classmates finished a while ago. It took us about half a year to finish. We probably could have got it done faster but a couple guys left the project and we had some other problems.
I was responsible for modeling, texturing, some rigging, animating as well as all the shading, lighting and compositing. Everything was done in blender except the final imagesequence/video conversion was done in AE due to some codec requirements.
Without further ado, check it out. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Very nice! Very charming and well executed.

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it.

That was very nice. A great visual style, and I loved the story. Some of the character animation could use some work in terms of looking more fluid, but aside from that, it was great!

That was very nice. A great visual style, and I loved the story. Some of the character animation could use some work in terms of looking more fluid, but aside from that, it was great!

Thanks! Yeah i completely agree with you on the animation part. It got a bit rushed so we didn’t have as much time for finetuning them as we would’ve liked.
Then again, when do you… :slight_smile:

amazing work you guys. :slight_smile:

:smiley: nasty, but really funny!

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Great visuals and sounds, well executed! :slight_smile:

there were, as with most films, some flaws, but they did not detract from the overall outcome of the film, and I feel this is a great short… is it your first?

Thank you!

there were, as with most films, some flaws, but they did not detract from the overall outcome of the film, and I feel this is a great short… is it your first?

Yeah there are a lot of flaws in this but as always if you have a deadline you have to compromise. :slight_smile:
Thanks, yes this is our first “serious” short. I’ve been involved in a smaller project last year but it was mostly a test.

Ewww gross! but awesome animation, loved it

Hehe thanks man. :smiley:

Nobody asked but I thought some of you might be interested in a few viewport screens. The wires don’t seem to display correctly though. :confused:

Attachments

That’s spectacular… Nice job!

Thank you!

PS. Any C&C is always welcome we’d love to make our next short better in every way. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Ahh, nice work! I do love the creative ideas! Hope to keep it on,man!

Wow really nice! And a bit gross too :smiley:

I can’t believe this was all done in Blender. :slight_smile: Everything was great except for some of the ca! The grass looks like particles with a wind deformer. And the trees. Did you use Alpha Planes to make them? I like how the trees sway independently of each other Did you use bones to animate them. Some more info and screenshots as to the making of the grass trees etc. would be great. Excellent job! :slight_smile:

pg

Wow you did a great job with this. I like the models and texturing. Especially the wind effects.