Robert Scherzer | Newbie Here

Hello Everyone myself Robert Scherzer from New York City

First of gratitude to everybody on this blender artist Forums Sites.

I trust I will get some new essential detail for the gaming engine. Organizations always gloat about their most up to date game motor. It makes one wonder: what precisely is a game motor?

A game motor lays the product structure to construct and make computer games. They give highlights from liveliness to man-made consciousness. Game motors are in charge of rendering designs, impact discovery, memory the executives, and a lot more alternatives

Hi, I’m wkk from Montréal.

I don’t understand where you want to get to with your post, but my two cents on what is a game engine:

A game is a technical challenge first. Your computer only moves data around, and a game is a program that emulates an interactive environment of some sort. Writing such a program is really complex.

Game engines are effectively programs, maybe frameworks, that implement all the basic components for making games, kickstarting your project by not re-implementing complicated systems (rendering, animation, sound, input, etc…). Depending on the quality of these pre-made components, your game can be more or less enjoyable (ulgy vs pretty, stable vs unstable, etc). Keep in mind that game engine users (the actual game developers) still have a responsibility to not implement the game mindlessly: you can easily misuse an optimized engine, resulting in an non-optimized/unstable game.

Then, on top of the core of these engines, usually some kind of editor is made (the graphical interface used by game designers). This allows people to work on the game without writing too much code or even defining level data by hand. Usually much easier to drag and drop things from some window/interface, although can be limiting in some scenarios.

I hope this helps you?

Hi , I’m blenderaptor and I have netflix, 2 dogs and 20 years mortgage. But what is precisely a game engine ?

A game engine is a software-development environment designed for people to build video games. Developers use game engines to construct games for consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers. The core functionality typically provided by a game engine includes a rendering engine (“renderer”) for 2D or 3D graphics, a physics engine or collision detection (and collision response), sound, scripting, animation, artificial intelligence, networking, streaming, memory management, threading, localization support, scene graph, and may include video support for cinematics. Implementers often economize on the process of game development by reusing/adapting, in large part, the same game engine to produce different games[1] or to aid in porting games to multiple platforms

read more …

(my little contribution)

Hi! im the Daedalus from MDW.

a game engine is… see posts above :upside_down_face:

Hi,

I like turtles