Robot WIP

only have the bottom half so far.
crits welcome.

Attachments

Nice details, but he is going to have a hard time walking if he’s static like that right?

Looks cool. Very intricate and detailed. I’m anxious to see the rest. Are you planning to animate?

hopefully itll be my first finished rig, and i will animate it :wink:

Awesome details :slight_smile: Cant wait for the rest of it.

Yeah, very nice. Maybe in the final renders, though, he could have a bit more reflection in those silver parts. It would make it look a little better.

Looks good so far:yes:
Looking forward to seeing this animated:D

Pretty coooool, lacks a bit of randomness imo, but i guess machines are always right angled
:wink:

It looks retro. Thats cool in other words. :slight_smile: Maybe add an AO pass when its done. I am anxious to see it animated.

probly not, i am trying to keep render times as minimal as possible.
that render above took 4.49 seconds :wink:

I know what you mean :wink: But i meant when its all done and dusted for my sake LOL. In no way did i mean add an AO pass for the animation. That would take forever :wink: Well on my computer thats for sure.LOL

You could always bake the AO to the texture then you only have to calculate it once for the animation and still benefit from the shadows it creates.

You could always bake the AO to the texture then you only have to calculate it once for the animation and still benefit from the shadows it creates

true. but personally i like the look it already has :wink:

so i set up a rig for it so far,

i think its coming out pretty nice :smiley:

Attachments

okay decided to work on this a bit moooore
:slight_smile:
is not fully rigged yet

Attachments