Robotics Commercial using Blender

Hey Everyone!

I am 18 years old, and I am starting college in about a week to study animation at the Savannah College of Art and Design(SCAD).

This is a commercial I created for a local company(automationdirect.com) during an internship over the summer. They sponsor our local robotics teams, so we decided to advertise robotics in general with this ad.

The first half was created almost entirely in blender. I was given 2 weeks to model, rig, animate, render, and create the rest of the commercial.

It will be showing before the movies in our local movie theater.

Let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your thoughts!

-Chris

P.S.
There is also a version with a voice over on the second half:

Edit:
I added some screen shots :slight_smile:

Attachments

Wow, no responses after 4 days? It must be perfect then if you’re all speechless!

Haha. Just kidding of course :o.

Really though…I would love to know what you all think!

I don’t know why you have no responses cause that was awesome. Why do you need to study animation? :slight_smile: The dragging and pushing the cart was really good. The only part I didn’t think was the same standard was was the walk cycle, not much flow, but for 2 weeks, wow.

It was humorous and the timing was good, modeling could have been a little better but on the whole it’s a pretty successful short project. I loved the little guy’s freckles!

I’d say it was almost perfect given that you had only two weeks to do everything. The only things that I didn’t quite like were the face of the guy which I find just too plain, it lacks something, and the overuse of lensflares which really hurt my eyes.

Thanks for the comments!

sornen: I was proud of the walk cycle when I finished it. I thought it was smooth, but now that I look back at it, I see you’re entirely correct. It definitely needs some work :slight_smile:

KAHR-Alpha: The face was supposed to be an average kid. I personally like it, but I appreciate your opinion! As for the lens flare…yeah…I overdid it haha…

Thanks again for the comments guys!

-Chris

Love it! great little story. My son is at Armstrong Atlantic in Savannah, and Colin Levy is at SCAD. When you get there, PM me your contact info and we’ll get together when I go out to visit (I’m in Augusta). Savannah is a neat city, and SCAD is great. I think you’ll love it there, especially since you have a head up on everyone.