Rocket Launching - Blender Guru Competition

Hi guys, this will be my entry for the BlenderGuru competition, i have been working in this for about a month (I met Blender about four months ago, and with it all the CG world), so it will be a great help to me if you tell me what do you think of my image and maybe how can i improve it, of course it is not finished yet, i hope finish it in time :stuck_out_tongue:

Pstd: The smoke is not my strong point, so i have to handle with the cloud generator, but im not happy with the results, i dislike the lightning in the ā€œsmokeā€ too but i tried a lot of differents configurations for it but still dont succes what i want :(, the ship is the first vehicle that model, so it is not perfect, by the way, the character is is actually a silhouette :o

Pstd 2: Sorry for my english im learning it too :slight_smile:

Nice start, I really like the foreground, the background - the rocket and platform or whatever it is - isnā€™t very good yet. Texturing isnā€™t very good yet, it looks too clean. About the smoke: Just try a little bit, some different options, and you can get a realistic smoke.

yeah, you are right, the rocket is too clean, maybe some leaking or something will be good, the plattaform need more detail, and about the smoke i dont know if i can get a more realistic one :S, i will try, thanks for your comments :slight_smile:

For the smoke, use the cloud generator(Iā€™m biased because I wrote it) itā€™s in addons and works with Blender Internal. Iā€™d go with a normal cumulous setting and place one or two hemis around the cloud for adjusting general ambient color and use point sources for the rocket. I would use it only for the base cloud around the ground and make it a separate file and composite it in.

http://www.subeducation.info/avatar3.jpgIā€™d go with a normal cumulous setting and place one or two hemis around the cloud for adjusting general ambient color and use point sources for the rocket.

itĀ“s a very good idea, i will try it and see how it result, thanks :slight_smile: