Version 0.3.1 screenshot:
[the name is work in progress]
Current version [minor update v.0.3.1] DOWNLOAD: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/25558
- Added proper highscore/multiplier visuals
- Added temporary background visuals
[version v.0.3] rocket.BLEND: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/25553
- Changed shuttle. Can be used ONCE per game now after you gained a multiplier of at least [3x].
- Added rudimentary title screen. Name remains WIP, title screen graphics are placeholders.
- Rockets are now way faster by default (from 0.2 to 0.6), sped up rockets are also 1.5x faster.
- Enemies are easier to hit (this may be a temporary change only).
OUTDATED versions downloads:
[added shuttle v.0.2] rocket.BLEND = http://www.pasteall.org/blend/25543
- Added a shuttle: the shuttle can be used after you gained a multiplier of at least [3x]
and press the spacebar. The lifespan of the shuttle depends on the multiplier you had when you spawned the shuttle (eg. if you had a multiplier of 3, it will stay for 3 seconds). At the moment it can be used indefinitely. It’s currently way overpowered and its effectiveness will be heavily reduced soon. You can’t use regular rockets while the shuttle is active. You can still wreck the shuttle by flying it out of bounds (which is the only way to lose your multiplier with it).
[initial version 0.1] rocket.BLEND = http://www.pasteall.org/blend/25540
SCREENSHOT from the game = http://imgur.com/CyOjPzs
The game’s largely finished and in a playable state, it requires some finetuning here and there though.
Currently the highscore will not be saved on exit (haven’t looked into it yet) and there’s no main menu (so the main-game starts as soon as you press “P”).
Things that are still to-do:
- better, more interesting background visuals (difficult since I don’t want too much going on in the background)
- bosses (after a certain point-threshold has been reached)
- difficulty adjustments
…- if you can think of something to improve/add, I’d love to hear it.
- if you manage to shoot inhumanly fast, you can actually shoot 4 or 5 missiles at once. I don’t plan on fixing this.
- there’s too much going on on-screen. This (“problem”) may or may not be changed in the future.
…- again, if you notice any issues, be kind and let me know
With exception of Riyuzakisan’s excellent first person camera script, everything was done using logic bricks.
Here are the controls in case you want to play the game (…which I’d encourage you to do :P):
- MOUSE (left or right) = AIM with the turret
- LMB (or “S”) = SHOOT
- RMB (or hold RMB) = shoot FASTER
- “A” or “D” = steer rockets left/right (mostly useless)
- SPACEBAR to shoot a shuttle after you gained a multiplier of [3x] or higher. Can be used ONCE only.
You can have 3 rockets on-screen at a time. Your goal is to shoot the glaring items that fly over the screen and collect points. Shooting those items without missing increases the multiplier (up to a maximum of 100x). Missing a shot awards you -500 points. Getting hit by the eyeballs 4 times will make you lose the game (SPACEBAR to restart).
Thanks for your time,