Hey there! Thanks! My approach in terms of the thread particles was a bit unconventional. After observing reference material of fabric I realized that the thread that the tread usually presents itself not as short hair but as small clumps (or balls, so to speak) scattered around the surface.
And so, I did that. To model the clumps I used the grease pencil to draw strokes (individual threads) that formed clumps and then convert that GP object into a curve and scattered it. You can see how many of those individual clumps there are on the surface on the clay render. For the shading of tha hairs, I only used a Principled Hair BSDF with the same color as the surface where it sits.
Hope it helps!