We are creating a Roguelike-FPS game, currently under the name “Dungeon 2096”. I posted a thread a while back asking for contributors, and we now again could use additional artists!
Right now it is just me (the programmer) along with an artist. However, since there is so much art to make, we currently are bottlenecked on the art side of things.
Payment will be deferred, and will be a percentage of whatever profit the project generates. We can discuss additional details over Skype.
You will not need to animate; only model, texture, and rig. The animations are generated automatically, using a special procedural animation system.
Here is an example of some of the progress we have made so far (this video showcases the AI and procedural animation system):
You can also try a demo (pre-alpha) at: http://dungeon2096.weebly.com/
The engine is self-made.
Some Features of the Engine:
- Smooth volumetric terrain
- Deferred shading
- Skeletal animation
- Bump mapping and parallax occlusion mapping
- Basic subsurface scattering
- Variance shadow maps and PCF cascaded shadow maps
- Bullet Physics integration, with tools for creating bodies
- HDRR with bloom
- Neuro-Evolution of Augmenting Topologies (NEAT) + Hebbian reinforcement learning for AI
- Sound using OpenAL
Please PM me or leave a post if you are interested in joining this project!