Roland TB-303

Here is my version of a 3D Roland TB-303.

“My version” because as i am posting it…i noticed there are actually several others published :grin: (a few years ago though). And they are really good !

Anyways…i hope you enjoy it !

30 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Hello Bart! Thank you ! :pray: much appreciated.
Have a great week end as well !

1 Like

Mmm I can hear that Claustrophobic Sting acid line in the back of my head, great work!
Is this modelled with booleans?

1 Like

Thx! ! born in the mid 70s here, house and techno had a huge space back then ! Yes, boolean workflow, pretty simple shapes to work with to be honest, the real work for me was the texturing, lots of notes and text with custom fonts or icons…i had to do some custom design (wit Affinity Design).

Great work friend and yeah, stupid text takes a lot of time, I do not enjoy that part very much, I enjoy box modeling and sometimes textures but text is pretty boring.

1 Like

This looks really good, man.
Q: Do you want feedback on the work?

1 Like

Thank you George :pray:.

Yes, especially when the fonts are nowhere to be found and got to find something kinda close… :dizzy_face:

Thank you !

Yes ! feedback always welcome Jm3 .

:heart: OK cool. I love the model by the way. Three things:

  1. the camera angles in your renders use an extreme perspective for an object of this size. I would try a longer lens commonly used to shoot product shots like this which will give you less foreshortening: maybe an 85mm or 100, (from a bit further distance to compensate)

  2. Similarly, I would consider adding a render from a top / back orthographic -ish perspective closer to how the instrument would typically be viewed, looking down.

  3. Finally, the un-lit LEDs look a little opaque to my eye. It’s very minor detail but I wonder if they would benefit from a red glass material.

Great work, keep going!

1 Like

Thx!

Yes, good idea, i ll try different camera settings on next model.
As for the LED, yeah i agree…i tried to use Substance painter for theses ones but i would have had better results with a tweaked principled BSDF or custom glass shader within Blender in my opinion…

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

:raised_hands: Great ! Thx.