Rolex Daytona

Hi, my name is Stefan from Sweden. I found a very interesting video tutorial on Youtube about modeling and rendering a Rolex Daytona watch in Maya made by a german guy who call himself “Pixelbahn”. It is a very good and detailed tutorial with over 50 videos. You can find it athttp://www.youtube.com/user/Pixelbahn

I don’t have Maya, so I thought I could try to do it in Blender. It took me a rather long time to finish. Whenever he did something in Maya I had to figure out how to do the same thing in Blender which was a great learning experience. For example, he uses a lathe deformer in some steps. I have never used a lathe in Blender so I had to try to figure out how to use it. I do recommend people not only to look at Blender tutorials. You can learn a lot from tutorials for other software as well.

This is what I ended up with. It is rendered in Cycles. Critique is very welcome.

StefanK

I think you did a really nice job on this model StefanK, maybe consider posting some wire shots. Quite a lot of detail work for sure. I agree you can definitely benefit from tutorials on other software

The first thing that stood out to me was the watch band material. I don’t know why, by it just didnt seem shiny enough.