Rolling ground fog/dry ice smoke

Hi guys,I’m looking to animate something along the lines of this for a short (3-5 sec) video intro sequence:http://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3777860/preview/stock-footage-fog-smoke-dry-ice-drifting-along-the-ground.jpgImagine that fog doing a bit of boiling and rolling and you’ll get the look I’m going for.The problem is that I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to particles, physics and animation so I’m not really sure how to go about achieving this.Any tips on where to start? I can’t really do video tutorials on my current internet connection so if you point out any tuts, written ones only :)Also, I don’t know if it’s relevant but I don’t plan on rendering this in Cycles for the simple reason it would take my laptop a week (or more!) to do a few seconds. Blender Internal only.Thanks in advance!

With BI as the engine, halo particles can be used to produce fairly effective fog and dust effects. These two videos use this technique for different types of atmospherics: heavy blown dust, relatively static atmo haze, and contrails:

Monster Movie
Project Dewdrop

A wind force can be used to move the particles around, or just the initial Velocity settings. Material settings for the halo particles are critical, but depend heavily on scene scale and lighting so it’s hard to recommend any particular set of specs. For dense fog with fine details like tendrils you’ll need a beefy set of particles, so be prepared for the memory demands.

Thanks for the tip on halo’s chipmasque. I’ll have a play and see what I can come up with.