RollViewport addon for Blender 2.8x
This is very useful if you are working with a 2D app like Krita, Gimp, etc., and want similar features in the 3D Blender viewport. I quickly adapted some freely available code so it works for humans using the current default Blender 2.80 Keymap.
- [ctrl-alt] + MMB – Roll the viewport.
- [ctrl-alt] + RMB – Reset the viewport ‘turntable’ z-axis.
- [alt] + [x] – Toggle a roll-only mode (viewport rotation lock).
There is one little inconvenience to keep in mind: You must reset the turntable axis before you can use the turntable rotation again.
A relevant Blender v2.8x default shortcuts:
- [alt + MMB + drag]: Quickly reset the viewport rotation to an orthographic plane.
- [alt] + MMB click towards an object – Center the pivot point of the viewport on the clicked object surface.
- MMB drag + [alt] – Snapp in 45°-increments on the turntable axes.