Room WIP - Help needed desperately **UPDATED JUNE 12, 11pm**

First, the image I’m working on is at http://members.lycos.co.uk/emtilt/room.html (sorry for the crappy hosting, my normal webhost is down temporarily)

Now my problem: This was created in Blender 2.27, and I need to render this in Yafray. Now, normally I would open it in 2.23 and export it from there with Yable, but 2.23 crashes when I try to open it. But if I try to run Yable in 2.27, Blender also crashes. So how can I get it to Yafray? I’m desperate here - help is really appreciated.

ooo, for the wall, what wall in the world is blue? you could do white walls with gray and white popcorn like carpeting… the ceiling would match the walls which are textured with a “painbrush” stroke like effect… so the walls have bumps on them… and your table should be higher… a recommended light source should be a spotlight… then just spread the spot angle… “SpotSi 45.00” that is default, but you can get a MUCH wider angle… just make the “clip end” (shadows) longer, and the you can do all kind of shadow effects and crud… set the shadow “Bias” setting to .500 and you should be almost set… set the distance longer, so the edge of the spotlight goes PAST your walls… and your lighting is about done, raise the “sample” on the shadow… on your lamp- well, add more detail, such as the funky little accordian effect. Add a marble texture and make it blue and light blue or a nice purple… for your table, find some kind of wood texture, and try to give it a wax look, hopefully this isn’t too confusing, blend on, blend well, thanks to chat- DMBadCat

P.S. your doorhandle should be a tiny bit larger

DM!! I didn’t know you had it in you! You’re quite the interior decorator!! Actually your suggestions are pretty good and so is that model. Just make sure that you put a lightswitch on the wall, and be sure that you put the numbers for a door on the OUTSIDE not the inside. lol.

I doooooo? (slumps head on keyboard swelled eyes completely red) uuuu-hhhhh uhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhh… too late, t- to design…

Hmmmmmm…time to watch another episode of changing rooms! Its like cocaine to interior decorators!!

hmm, changing rooms, over here in America we get the american show “trading spaces”… I watch that sometimes… other than that, I am either blending, or cleaning…

Sorry I spend a lot of time in England. You’re right…it is Trading Spaces…dammit. Monster House is better.

oo, what is monster house?
I think we are using up this poor guys forum… do you have an email address?

I do but if I gave it to you I’d have to kill you :wink:

hmm… I don’t think they support windows xp in heaven…

And they don’t have any Blenders because all you have to do is think about yoru food and its there. No need for graphics software when all you do is pray to god’s greatness for enternity…on second thought…maybe I’ll avoid heaven…

If you should happen to decide to email me… [email protected]
I’m off to bed, cy’all later- DMBadfuz- over and out

back on topic, - I think yableX might work, I’m sorry, but I don’t know the url… (Though i could be wrong)

Yes, keep more on topic, please.

It is funny that 2.23 doesn’t opne it. Have you used some brand new feature of 2.27?

Use YableX, as said above, but be sure to have Pythom 2.2.2 (exactly 2.2.2) or it will crash the same.

Stefano

When do we get to see another screenshot of the room? Is it coming along nicely?

I haven’t done the texturing or lighting yet. What’s there now is just a stand in for a test render. You’re right about the door handle, I’ll fix that.

It is funny that 2.23 doesn’t opne it. Have you used some brand new feature of 2.27?

I used the text/font feature but I have conveted it to a mesh so I don’t see why that would be the problem.

Use YableX, as said above, but be sure to have Pythom 2.2.2 (exactly 2.2.2) or it will crash the same.

I’ll try that. I currently have python 2.0 installed, since thats what most of the sripts/blender’s api were done with. Will installing 2.2.2 affect the working of other scripts? Also, should I uninstall the old python, or can I just install over it?

When do we get to see another screenshot of the room? Is it coming along nicely?

Later today or early tomorrow. I haven’t even touched Blender since I posted this thread - I posted it right before I went to bed for the night.

I’m on Win2000pro.

I had a feeling I was asking that question a bit too early, but I’m looking foward to see the results! Thats a pretty darn good test render for not having done texturing or lighting. I would suggets not getting too crazy for the walls…most wall textures are pretty simple.

Small update. Added a book and lightswitch. Tweaked a few models. Still adding stuff before lighting/texturing.

See it at http://members.lycos.co.uk/emtilt/room.html

Since I need to use Yablex: I currently have python 2.0 installed, since thats what most of the sripts/blender’s api were done with. Will installing 2.2.2 affect the working of other scripts? Also, should I uninstall the old python, or can I just install over it?

I don’t know enough about python to answer that part, but I will crit on your work if you don’t mind:

I think the addition of the book and lightswitch did a lot for your scene! Great work on both items! I still have to ask which side of the door we’re looking at…the inside or the outside? Maybe you could add one of those little peep-hole things to the door, and if we’re looking at the outside, perhaps adding a lock would make the door look better?

Lock is a good idea, I’ll post another update later. It hard to explain what the door is…I’m just kinda coming up witth this as I go to practice setting up scenes. What I’m picturing in my head is kinda like a room with a door to another room in a buisiness building…but sorta like a doctors waiting room. Except now it’s moving more toward a living quarters kind of setting, so I think I’ll either remove or change the number on the door. Hard to explain.

It doesn’t really matter though, it’s all just practice for me. More ideas on little things to add would be great!