ROSA // Short Film

Nice i will check it out, haven’t digged into it to much till now.

Im curious what the goal of this is.

I know the DAZ commercial license is I think at least 500 dollars. Plus the price
of the software. Plus the price of assets. Most free assets wont be commercial
licensed.

Also, alot of those consumer apps tend to be real buggy - not sure about this one.

Also theres a lot of polygons in those models. And a lot of models in his scenes. How
fast does that set up render?

Check out Renderosity and RuntimeDNA. Those are two of the biggest sites for DAZ content. And they link to other sites with DAZ content.

Actually, you can get DAZ for free right now. Otherwise buying it cost between $50 and $450 depending on the version you buy. They have a basic version, advanced version, and a pro version.

All of the content (free or otherwise) sold by DAZ3D has no restriction on commercial usage. Actually, most of the free content for use in DAZ is licensed for commercial use. Plus there are several sites giving free content out for DAZ.

As far as bugs, DAZ seems to have that under control. I haven’t ran into anything major since the early DAZ Studio 2 versions.

“All of the content (free or otherwise) sold by DAZ3D has no restriction on commercial usage. Actually, most of the free content for use in DAZ is licensed for commercial use. Plus there are several sites giving free content out for DAZ.” by dleri

Their licenses are very confusing. I found posts where even members of the site cant figure them out. But
these licenses + all the OTHER COSTS Daz seems to add on - would stop many people in their tracks. You need
to show clear documents where what you claim here — is shown in writing by Daz to be true!

DAZ licenses

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/indie-game-developer?item=12113&_m=d

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/commercial-game-developer?item=12479&_m=d

Nah – I don’t need to show any documents here, mainly because I am not willing to do someone else’s homework for them. If someone is too lazy to look up the information on their own then that’s their problem, not mine. It’s easy to go to the DAZ website and find the information they need. And it’s really easy to do a google search. So, no I don’t have to show any documents to support what I say – it’s unnecessary as far as I am concerned and redundant to do so.

Maybe their licenses are confusing to you and others but to me they are not. I honestly don’t see where their licenses are confusing or would confuse anyone. I find them pretty straightforward – on thing I like about DAZ. Hell, Blender’s license is more confusing then anything DAZ could come up with!

thanks, you confirmed what I already know. DAZ are NOT free for commercial use. You MUST pay for their licenses and content. End of story.

ROSA is an awesome short. :slight_smile:

@ Captain P

Authors are allowed to use Daz products for commercial use. :cool:

The exceptions are :

You are not allowed to distribute commercial DAZ products to others,
You have to honor the license set by independent authors,
You are not allowed to use DAZ Studio products to create ‘competing’ or ‘rival’ products.

So basically, anything that you render, such as video and images are fine to use, even commercially. But, don’t take my word for it. If you have questions for projects you may be considering, contact DAZ Studio directly with your questions. They’re pretty good about replying.

Cheers!

If I remember correctly, the DAZ licenses usualy protects the geometry information itself. You can’t sell or distribute the models derived from the DAZ models, nor incorporate it into games for example. The images produced are fair play though.

That said, I think ROSA demonstrates the visual quality that can be achieved using resources available for the low-buget creative. It’s like a collageartist repurposing images from magazines to produces a new piece of artwork.

But he should have worked a little bit more on storytellingi side of his short.

Then you might actually want to read their licenses and stop being an idiot. DAZ is free for commercial usage and despite what you think they give out a lot of free content which is able to be used free for commercial purposes. I suggest you visit their website and actually read their licenses and documentation. ANd try actually reading their forums too. Then you might actually learn something!

That’s precisely correct…I don’t know how I could have forgotten that. Cheers. xD

You sir, are either a pimply teen, or an insufferable boor!