Roscoe Bear

This is a pointconvert3d.com production demoing the pointconvert3d plugin for Blender. This film was made entirely from open source software and public domain source material. Using the pointconvert3d plugin to convert 2D source images into a 3D world.
[video]https://youtu.be/kvFEDQ0zz5E[/video]

Very strange but interesting effect! I used to create short comics before, this plugin could help me to make videos out of them!
How long did it take to transform the comic page to this video using this plugin?
Anyway, nice work!

The project took 2 of us, approximately 3 months (off and on, nights and weekends). And only about 10% or less of the time was spent converting and using the plugin (it is a relatively quick process). Also, my project partner had zero experience using Blender or the plugin before we started the project. Once the 2D images are converted and you make a mesh from them, then it comes to how far you want to take it. On this project we decided to go the extra mile to rig and animate each panel. Another added bonus is that this animation can be rendered out in stereoscopic 3D. We are currently in the process of putting together documentation and videos to go over the process and how to use the plugin for projects such as these. Thanx for the feedback!!

I’ve updated the link with the final edit, some minor audio and transition fixes. Hope you enjoy, thanx.

Crazy good, but didnt really understand how does the plugin help the process. What kind of extra work comes if you wouldnt have used the plugin? It just projects image to mesh you create?

The plugin allows the user to create points on a mesh and then push or pull those points in “z” space, while the points stay constrained to the camera. This technique maintains the integrity of the original image while allowing the user to build the mesh out in 3D space. This plugin was originally developed to do stereoscopic conversion, but has proven to be a more realistic alternative to current 2.5D work flows which use flat planes animated to cheat the parallax between objects. Plus, an added bonus is that the 2.5D technique can be rendered out in stereoscopic 3D. I hope this helps.

[video]https://youtu.be/LCJYscv0fww[/video]