Rotating problem, can anybody help? (nudity)

I have modelled a female character (still in progress). Because I noticed that one mirrored half did not have exactly the same rotation I thought I’d clear the rotation by pressing Alt-R … which worked fine… but now I have a problem that she is not standing 90 degrees to the base-“ground” (see screenshot below). … this is making it very very difficult to move the eyeballs, eyelashes etc. also like this…

Does anybody know what to do?

http://home.scarlet.be/~matrix64/images/body1.jpg

OK I found a possible solution…

I just went into edit mode and selected all vertices, rotated them and that’s it.

Now I do have a lot of work, making the two halfs as one again… I have some openings now between the two of them.
…and I need to move the eyes and all the other stuff…

Try this, select your lady’s body, create a linked duplicate (Alt-D), (while out of edit-mode) take one lady and rotate her on some axis, take the other and go into edit-mode (tab key), and edit her to change the shape of both ladies. Manipulate vertices in the non-rotated object. You can even place all your non-rotated objects in another layer and render the rotated object in another layer. If you plan to have her eyes and eye lashes animated, make them seperate objects and parent them to lady that will be animated. The advantage of the link-duplicated lady is that you now have two orientations that you can edit the same object data in.

I see you have two halfs, well… You need to have both halves joined together… Select the two halves and do a (Cntrl-J), select “yes”, now the two objects are one object. If the two halves are made with the same number and proportion of points at the seams, then you can meet them seams and select all the vertices that make up the seams and use “weld” which will replace two points that are close to each other with a single point. It’s important if you have subdivision surfaces or smoothed triangles to do a Cntrl-N which will recalculate the vertex normals from the face normals (subdivision surfaces use vertex normals to orient the surface, its why some surfaces appear darkened when they should be lit).

If you’re going to post the model, then please post “NUDITY” in the topic title. Some people try to avoid topics like this. :o

Not trying to be rude or anything…

Is blender’s headquarters not in Amsterdam?

Hey I understand…

CelestialEs, you are right… I forgot about it because it was a “technical” question…

I’ll buy her clothes for the future :wink:

edit thanks rofthorax, I’ll keep your explanation in mind, but at the moment I don’t really want to join the halfs already… still working on the model. Anyway, I’m now about to rotate the eyelashes and other things. Thanks for the parenting tip too!

One thing that I do when working on “mirrored” objects is to parent the linked duplicate to the original. That way any accidental movements or rotations of the original will also affect the duplicate and keep them together.

That doesn’t help you if you accidentally move the linked object, but since you are mostly handling the original object, that’s the one you are most likely to accidentally move.