rotation / hinge problem

Im having trouble making my swing rotate. I have a plane and an extruded cube hovering over my plane. I have moved the rotation point to the correct spot. When i manually rotate my cube it rotates correctly but when i animate it just falls straight down. I would like to see gravity make it swing back and forth. I attached a pic.

I think my issue is I need to attach my cube to something and use a hinge constraint but I cant seem to figure that out. Ive only been using blender for about 4 days now and I cant seem to find a hinge tutorial.

Thank you

Attachments

Rigid body physics in general, including the hinge constraint in particular, are unfortunately only available in the Game Engine. If that’s what you want to use, I suggest you head over to the Game Engine forum and ask there. If it’s not, then you are going to have either to ‘solve’ the physics yourself and use the explicit solution to control the swinging back and forth, or to learn about ‘baking’ motion from the Game Engine into a form suitable for animation in the main program.

Not as helpful as I would like, but there you are.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Thank you Mathew, Ill go post over in that forum.