Rotation- Linear extrapolation- then stop

Hello,

Thanks in advance for the help!

I’m trying to animate a “slot machine.” Three wheels will turn, then each will stop, landing on a label.

Can I extrapolate the rotation until a defined frame?

Best,
Robb

Yes, and by several methods, if you look on my website (clockmender.uk) you will find a tutorial on how to make things spin, with options to stop them in various ways. Just select “Blender Tutorials” => “Spinning Bones, etc.” to find the tut.

One method that springs to mind in putting a Limits Constraint on the F-curve in Graph Editor and setting the Y value to a set value so when this amount of rotation is achieved, it stops spinning, you must also set a frame range to work over.

In this example the empty stops spinning at 2 * pi or 360 degrees (you must work in Radians) and the effect persists over 200 frames to ensure it does not start again. if you set the frame to a smaller end value (like 50), it will start turning again, experimentation is good here!

Getting them to stop on a randomly generated frame number will require some Python coding however.

If you need any more advice, just ask here.

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks so much for your help! Can you send me another link to your site? I can’t connect using your link. I found you on YouTube, but I can’t find your website.

That’s because I spelled it wrong it should be clockmender.uk - D’Oh

Cheers, Clock.

PS I will correct the other post…

Thanks, found your site.