Rotoscoping in Blender tutorial series at GoodSpiritGraphics.com

Good Spirit Graphics is proud to announce the public launch of it’s website with a 6-part 3-hour tutorial series for Blender. This tutorial series explains, in step by step detail, how to use blender for rotoscoping and visual effects. If you don’t have Affter Effects, or Nuke, these tutorials will get you started with VFX.
Blender is attracting new users all the time, and some of these users have no background with 3D software. So to accomodate these users, this tutorial series requires no prior knowledge of Blender. However, even seasoned Blender users should learn a lot from the series.

www.goodspiritgraphics.com

Looking nice :).
I hope to see more Tuts :slight_smile:

Good work man!
It’s really interesting tutorial series.
Thanks a lot.:cool:

Terrachild, I’m just watching now and it’s a great series! You have a cool clear delivery and a well thought out presentation. Can I suggest that you throw a post over at the BA Compositing subforum too. I guess you will be looking forward to the revamp of compositor as well as the integrated masking tools (eliminating the roto bezier in 3D view).

What 3pointEdit said… I hadn’t even looked closely at the compositor yet, but after watching the series you made I feel like I could find my way around in it. It’s very helpful to know about some of the more common gotchas like start frame numbering and strange pixel dimensions. Those are the things that make people throw their hands up in defeat. Armed with the knowledge you’ve shared, I’m sure more people will be able to use the compositor successfully.

Thanks!

Some of the most calm, collected and purposeful tutoring I’ve ever watched.

There are times when you have a benchmark for a subject. This is it for rotoscoping in blender.

Richard

This part http://vimeo.com/18341479 describes how to let vanish an object … but I did not get it http://bafull.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com/images/smilies/sago/no.gif, because of my English … (and ears not so very best any more)

It is around that part, where a Node is copied and the copied node has a green part, indicating a frame … THAT seems to be the clue, but I did not catch the words of the author …

If someone could write it down for me, WHAT has to be done to let vanish an object?
I think that an animation is fixed and then moved in time or so …

Thanks in advance :wink:

Nice work, but I had trouble hearing the audio on my laptop. Part-1 has a nice volume, but the others dropped out for some reason?

The vimeo parts ( listened to part 1 2 3 4 …) are on my Vista good …