I’m a complete beginner in Blender and I bet there’s a very simple solution to my problem. Still, I haven’t been able to figure it out myself.
I’m trying to render a tile image for a 2d game. Since I need tiles to be 46x96, I have to scale the rendered image at some point. After scaling, there seems to appear a blurred line on all outer edges, which makes the tiles look not seamless (attached image with red circle). What I’m doing is:
- render the image to 230x480 with no OSA and alpha set to KEY.
- scale the image to 46x96 in another application with smooth setting on. It’s exactly the same if I use blender’s scale node.
How can I fix this? I tried setting the render size to 46x96. Then, the edge problem is gone, but the quality is very low. I played with OSA settings, but all it did was it made the render blurred.
- after scaling, alpha and blur on edges
- small render size - good edges but low quality
- before scaling, 230x480 - rough edges, OK!
- small render size with OSA - terrible