RPG - Bocoob's Reading Room

Hello every one,

i had started a new project, and the first part of this one is creating a few part of my 3d world.

bocoob’s reading room, if you don’t know how is bocoob he is a god in d20 system.

any way i really appreciate any opinion or suggestion, about how to make the pillar texture and the rest of the scene based on the image reference. I’m not so god whit compose texture any tip will be appreciated.

Reference scene:

My work:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lokidg/RPG

Looks nice lokidg. With the proper lighting it will become very atmospheric.
As far as textures go are you looking to unwrap the UV’s and paint the texture yourself or are you just going to apply a material?
Do you want to keep a sense of realism or go more for a “stylized” look like your reference image?

You could check out this site for materials if that is the way you want to go.

Is this for a game or a still image?

Looking forward to updates. I like D&D themed pieces :slight_smile:

Hello Sirius, thanks for you post here the answers;

Q - oks nice lokidg. With the proper lighting it will become very atmospheric.
As far as textures go are you looking to unwrap the UV’s and paint the texture yourself or are you just going to apply a material?

A- I create my texture, some times i paint or edit a texture, but i create all based on a existent but not using materials.

Q - Do you want to keep a sense of realism or go more for a “stylized” look like your reference image? You could check out this site for materials if that is the way you want to go.

A - I prefer more stylized ideia, look more nice.

Q - Is this for a game or a still image?

A -Heap is for a game, but i not the game programer expert so i try to make a loot of scenes like this one and then find some one to join in to a big map and creat a world where the character can walk and any d20 master can use to his advetures. And whit another level mybe a scene generator for rpg game players…

Looking forward to updates. I like D&D themed pieces

Thanks for your support, i will try keep in mind with this ideia and you feedback is very important to me.
:cool: