rpg looking for a concept artist

Hey, our game dev. team is looking for a concept artist for a project called Battle Saga.

Here is the basic story line.

The story of Battle Saga takes place in a fantasy world torn by war and a lust for a forgotten power. Cronos, a member of the insurgents directed by an unknown and corrupt entity, is nearly killed (thought to be killed) in a battle fought to determine the power of the Lenorian throne. After Cronos awakens from near death, he finds that the princess he was assigned to protect (while a member of the Lenorian guard) went missing and was replaced by a look-a-like shortly after joining the resistance. In discovering this, he pours every ounce of his being into finding the true princess to rightfully claim the throne as the Queen of Lenore. This twists and dements his reasoning until he becomes the hand of a forgotten power (a secret unless you’re working on the game). This is where the good guys come in… A Lenorian soldier (main character), A captain of an Imperial armada, 2 members of the insurgents (old friends of Cronos), the stand in princess, and a thief from Lenore.

If anyone’s interested just send me an email saying you are as well as an attatchment of some kind of portfolio.
My email adress is [email protected]

What’s the pay and why can’t you spell concept?

lol what valaraking said

really not much 411 is provided

my concpet for a leo-whatever trooper…

Attachments

I think I can speak for Justin in saying that you get the job. Welcome aboard!

OOO! how 'bout this? is this enough for your cheap ass? if you cant afford “concpet” art, how can you even afford to build a good game engine? pay up and maybe we can talk…:evilgrin:

Attachments

I don’t know if that’s quite up to the “yahoo email address” level of game designers.

If only one of the mods would apply a filter to the word “Concept” so that it were spelled “concpet”. Valar’s first post would look silly :stuck_out_tongue: (and now mine would as well… fun)

Anyway, as you can see, there is slim to no chance of getting too many serious offers for this because the plot isn’t the important part about the game design. The plot may be great, but it really has little bearing on the game. Hammer out the actual game, get an engine running with some placeholder artwork, get some proof-of-concept stuff off the ground and actually running, and then people will be a lot more inclined to sign on. I like to draw and i draw a lot, but i draw for me… unless someone’s paying me or i’m working with a serious group of people who know what it is they’re doing. Prove to people that you are this second type of individual and you will get artists easily.

umm, actualy I don’t know why i put concpet… twice even.
I’m sorry I don’t live up to your standards of email adresses.
Our team is brand new so we haven’t set up a website yet.
Here’s some more info… it’s the post I made on gamedev

Team name:
Deviant Game Arts

Project name:
Battle Saga

Brief description:
We’re still in the very early stages of pre-development. We have a skeleton of the story-line awaiting script writing, and we’re still trying to finalize the Technology we’ll be using.

The game will be for pc and in 2D… gracefully in 2D with 3D cut scenes.

Target aim:
Profit for a start up studio.

Compensation:
Discussable.

Technology:
RGSS
RPGMXP engine
Blender
YafRay
The Gimp
Finale 2007

Talent needed:
As of right now we just need a concept artist and or artists. We’re looking for above average talent and you must be gifted in painting.

Contact me via email if you’re interested and provide an attatchment of some sort of portfolio.

Team structure:
The Core Team:
Justin(me) -Direction/Programming/Level Design
Dan-2D art/Level Design
Mike- Music/Sound
Austin- Screen Play

Contacts:
[email protected]

Previous Work by Team:
This is our first project as a team.

Additional Info:
The story of Battle Saga takes place in a fantasy world torn by war and a lust for a forgotten power. Cronos, a member of the insurgents directed by an unknown and corrupt entity, is nearly killed (thought to be killed) in a battle fought to determine the power of the Lenorian throne. After Cronos awakens from near death, he finds that the princess he was assigned to protect (while a member of the Lenorian guard) went missing and was replaced by a look-a-like shortly after joining the resistance. In discovering this, he pours every ounce of his being into finding the true princess to rightfully claim the throne as the Queen of Lenore. This twists and dements his reasoning until he becomes the hand of a forgotten power (a secret unless you’re working on the game). This is where the good guys come in… A Lenorian soldier (main character), A captain of an Imperial armada, 2 members of the insurgents (old friends of Cronos), the stand in princess, and a thief from Lenore.

I know that sounds a little thick, but I’ll explain it in more detail to whoever’s interested in working on the project as a concept artist.

ANY

so… you have no tech… and you want free art? use the damn taco then.

Watch out, it’s the Taco Man!!!

Sorry man, couldn’t help it :slight_smile: Good luck on your game though, sounds interesting.

Come on team be nice to Justin! We should give inspiration after all we strive for the same basic cause. And Justin, good luck with your project. I’m a bit tied up with some freeware work, but I would have lent you a hand.

and NROTC . . . I’m going to start on you shortly! 258 posts and you only signed up recently!

Yeah his second post was actually really good. Hint to all people recruiting for a project: Put something under compensation other than “None right now but money if we make it big”

And call yourself a game studio. It really does look professional.

Justin, I’m no good with concept art, my only talent is music composition, but if I were I’d consider it, haha.

:eek:did valarking just sorta complement me!? nah…
im tired of explaining why i have so many posts, so i wont, ill just let people think what they want. it dont hurt me.

im good with weapon modeling, and i have plenty of experince with sound fx… but the more magic green paper you put in, the better the product that comes out. (it suxs but its the way life is)

No, I wasn’t talking to you.

damn it man, your good at pissing me off. did you go to school for that? im complementing you, your a really good troll. you have 5, 314 posts worth of experience. i cant wait till the mods read some of the things youve said to me for no reason. but i wont feed you no more trolly troll.

seriously justin, im not a bad guy. if you need some kind of help with sound or weapon design i could do that, sigh, for free…

character design is not my strong point, but hey, i can take a shot at it.

Alright, send me an email of some of your work and if you want to give character design a shot show me some of that too.

Here’s some info on the battle system if it’ll make up some minds.
It’s a random encounter, turn based battle system. However, it’s going to be much more interactive and entertaining than most turn based systems.

-Some attacks will require a timed button input to trigger critical hits or consecutive attacks.
-Some spells or skills can be chained together.
-Characters will level up during combat instead of post combat.
-All party members will be assigned to hot keys and are interchangeable during combat. Non-combat characters are kept in a reserve slot.
-Each party member has their own unique abilities that kick in when they are in support mode that will boost the performance of the combat characters.
-In addition to the HP/MP/Time bars there will be a skill bar that will charge up after attacking or taking damage… There is also an option, when your MP bar is full, to use a CHARGE to fill your skill bar up by 1/4. A charge completely drains the characters mp. Also, when all three battle characters skill bars a charged they can perform a group skill. Group skills become less effective as the game progresses and the characters learn more powerful independent skills, but it gives the party an advantage in the earlier stages of the game.

To be a little more specific about what we are looking for… I’m really into Tetsuya Nomura as well as Yusuke Nakano’s work on Twilight Princess. I’m not expecting that kind of quality… just the style.

ok, tell me how much will it resemble Final Fantasy/Koudelka/Enter some other games name thats of same type? :slight_smile:

ps. Still Have my Koudelka cds! :wink: even though the ps1 is long dead and the ps2 unchiped… :frowning: