Rudolph the red nosed F-101

For the BG competition.

It still has quite a bit of work ahead of it, notably reworking of the textures and adding a couple of things.

I plan to have the final composition of it being in the middle of take off, snowy mountains behind it and possibly flames shooting out of the engines. I’m thinking of adding sacks of gifts to the hard points under the wings and fuselage but I’m not really sure how I’d make that work.

This render is kinda small and only has like 300 passes.

Looks really nice and good idea :slight_smile:
I’m excited for the final result.

Now this is a creative idea for the contest. I would make sure you bring that front wheel down lower, so that it is actually hitting the ground.

I think if I were doing it, I would find a way to make the nose of the airplane glow, like rudolph. I kind of like your idea about incorportating gifts that can be seen by the viewer in some way.

Of course now, each and every child will have to build a runway on their roof :slight_smile:

Oh, I tried posting this thread like three days ago and I haven’t been able to see it until now.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I had planned to tilt it up higher, right now it’s just like that so I can edit the model with greater ease.

I really like this idea, I think I’ll see if I can find a way to do that.

Small update

I completely rebuilt the texture and I’m feeling a bit better about it, It still needs some grunge on the rear section though, maybe some more wear on the edges.