Running blender on android (No root required, not a port)

For me, it installed, but wouldn’t open. I tried to open it using the terminal, and it says a bunch of errors, and Verify working OpenGL System, and segmentation failed.

I reported issue with rendering with new versions of software pipes on mesa git. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/3808 As for VirtualGL, you don’t need GL4ES and It’s possible to compile VirtualGL from source, but I has issues just after connection. https://github.com/VirtualGL/virtualgl/issues/148

I think once vulkan port finishes you should be able to do this using swiftshader

I don’t think it would make big difference and I also want to utilize OpenGL to run some Windows games using software renderers, wine and box86 (menaged to start Warcraft 3 demo on jessie, but it was extreamly glitchy). I tried to use gl4es with swiftshader and got some errors from X server.

I guess the vulkan version of the thing is much faster on the same CPU - I can look up the benchmarking - but it just is lower level - so it’s easier to emulate I guess.

it’s faster already - and they have not even begun trying make it faster
"As for the performance, Google found that PowerVR’s “Glass” Vulkan demo can run at over 30 FPS already on an Apple MacBook with SwiftShader. That is despite them having “no significant focus on performance yet”, so ultimately things are looking good for SwiftShader as a CPU-based Vulkan implementation. Granted, it’s a Vulkan tech demo, but not bad for purely CPU-based and likely more demanding that any basic Vulkan use-cases where one may be wanting a CPU fallback.
"

I’ll check performance in vkcube later :thinking: MacBook was x86, performance on completly different arch is not that important and speed compraison is webGL vs swiftshader, not llvmpipe/lavapipe/softpipe vs swiftshader.

yeah - I was just thinking it would be neat to be able to run UPBGE / blender 2.9x on phones
however we get there.

have you tried the fork yet?

If you want to try it on your own. CMakeLists.txt of LLVM-10.0 is broken for 32bit ARM builds in SwiftShader main repo. It need to be fixed manualy before compilation.

Not yet. I’m now playing with Linux on Android, more than Blender itself.

if you get error try this
this will you the easy and the simplest way to ran blender 2.79b in your device