RWBY Pyrrha Nikos 3D Model

I decided to model one of my favorite characters from RWBY, Pyrrha Nikos.
The modeling process was a sculpt and retopology done using blender’s sculpt tools and retopoflow. Both definitely made things a lot easier to model Pyrrha. If you have any questions about the process, let me know. :slight_smile: I’ve also have this on my artstation as well, so feel free to check there too. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2O6QR

5 Likes

Epic model
Rip pyrrha tho, still not over that years later :grin:

1 Like

@Linkun Thank you! :slight_smile:

Updated model of Pyrrha Nikos:

1 Like

wow this is really cool! I loved Pyrrha :confused: RIP. The armor especially looks nice, and the toon shader you’ve got on your render looks very similar to RWBY. Oum used Maya for assets, but I think Blender is a very solid choice. The face seems a little different, though, it’s almost more realistic than Oum’s style. It’s a nice personal touch where your own artistic tendencies show through- your eyes in particular are changed, but still beautiful. Good work!

1 Like

@josephhansen Thank you. :slight_smile: Modeling Pyrrha was pretty challenging, since I’m still new to using technique of sculpting and retopology. Normally I would’ve used box modeling, but I feel like I needed to advance more in character modeling, so I pretty much tried to learn as much about sculpting plus anatomy as well.

The fact that you SCULPTED this is impressive. Your mesh is very smooth and flows well, I have not found this easy to do myself :wink: I also love your shading. Oum’s method of using 3D assets animated as 2D is incredibly inspiring to me. I can’t say RWBY inspired me to get into 3D modeling, but I can definitely I hope to follow in Oum’s footsteps someday. My ultimate goal with Blender is to make my own animated series- more Scottish/Irish based, however- in the style of RWBY. I may need to learn some of your secrets of sculpting and shading :slight_smile:

1 Like

@josephhansen Monty is definitely an inspiration and great animator.

A few tips I can give you for 3D modeling in blender is starting with basics.
When I first started learning blender and 3D modeling, I made the mistake of learning the advance stuff too early (character modeling) without knowing proper box modeling and topology/anatomy.
Instead, start with basics first (navigating in blender, hotkeys, model simple stuff like crates, pawn chess piece, coffee mugs, etc.)
Blenderguru is a great channel where I learned from and has a beginner series if you want to check it out: https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/blender-beginner-tutorial-series

1 Like

More Pyrrha Nikos Renders to post.

1 Like

animation test of Pyrrha napping. Animated through shape key drivers of bones/rig.

Changed the model of Pyrrha’s face a bit. The eyes are now just flat circular planes instead of spheres.
These are facial expressions of Pyrrha via 3D renders. All done in blender 2.79 and krita.

1 Like

Hello, I tried to look at the model on YouTube, but the video it down. Are there more that arent blocked?