Ryzen 3 3200G Apu vs Pentium + GT1030

Makes me laugh … AMD 's CPUs are cheaper but you will buy it motherboard more :confused: So it’s not a bid deal .

But i’m ready to make a nice little NUC so i’m ready to go for the Ryzen 3 Apu … Does OPENCL works well with the viewport, cycles and eevee ? Who have tested the Ryzen 3 Apu already ? It’s good with Blender in general ?

I have a ryzen apu, the 2200G (mostly for NAS setup) did some tests for viewport and openCL (though it was long time ago)

I’ll retest soon and post back.

From what I currently recall, it was limited. the APU have limited CU cores…

But it depends on what you want to do with it.

i want to use it for the BGE or Armory. I want a GPU boost and be able to screen-record

I got a ryzen7 but a low end 3D board. Gef GT610.

the CPU is perfect for most blender things and the 610 prevents me from making too heavy apps that would not work on low-end devices.

Ah also i got 16GB Ram. It’s needed for baking/rendering.

the ryzen7 might be bottlenecked by the GT610. I like the idea of the Ryzen with the APU’s

btw, my bottlenecks are my disks and PCIx.

Then at runtime ( as i dev realtime 3D apps ) the real bottleneck is the GPU. my R7 runs at 6%.

If you do things for someone else than you, just remember that most ppl have a weak CPU with a shitty GPU ( all things relative of course :wink: )

EDIT: for example, in blender, when i bake light/dirt maps, my CPU is at 100% and the GPU is… not that stressed :stuck_out_tongue:

Can anyone tell me if the Ryzen 3200G hardware acceleration works on Linux or is it another grey zone ?

answer : Linux has no known ryzen 3 3200G drivers yet to have OpenCL run in Blender.

Win10 does